National Philanthropy Day 2013 will take place on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at the National World War I Museum at Liberty Memorial, in Kansas City, MO.
The event will feature the National Philanthropy Day Awards Reception to honor the following 2013 winners:
- Philanthropist of the Year - The Sunderland Foundation --nominated by KU Endowment, University of Kansas Hospital Office of Fund Development, Kansas State University, University of Missouri - Kansas City
- Business Philanthropist of the Year - Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc. - nominated by National World War I Museum at Liberty Memorial
- Excellence in Fundraising - Saint Luke's Foundation - nominated by Mark Litzler, Executive Director, Saint Luke's Foundation
- Outstanding Fundraising Professional - Steven J. Byers, CFRE - nominated by Friends of Arrow Rock, Inc.
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser - Phil Kirk and the Kirk Family - nominated by Crossroads Academy, DeLaSalle Education Center, Hope Lodge - American Cancer Society, the Kansas City Public Library, MINDDRIVE, Rehabilitation Institute of Kansas City, YMCA of Greater Kansas City
- Young Fundraiser and Philanthropist of the Year - Jeremy Terman - Nominated by The Barstow School
National Philanthropy Day and the awards competition are hosted by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, MO, Mid-America Chapter.