Justin Bieber issued a series a tweets today in an attempt to quiet angry parents, who blasted the singer for allegedly being two hours late for his concert in London Monday night. Justin apparently left young fans in tears, many of whom were devastated because they had to leave before he even started singing to catch trains home before they shut down for the night. Bieber said he was only 40 minutes late, but added even that is unacceptable, according to Fox News.
Concertgoers allege the teenage star, who just turned 19 years-old Friday, appeared onstage at the 02 Arena at 10:30 p.m., while the start time had been listed as 8:30. Justin tweeted that he wasn’t scheduled to start his performance until 9:35 p.m., following three opening acts. He says he was onstage by 10:10 p.m..
Bieber blamed that delay on “technical issues”. He tweeted out to his 35 million followers, “There is no excuse for that and I apologize for anyone we upset. However it was great show and I'm proud of that”.
Financial analyst Louise Cooper, who had taken her 9 year-old daughter to the concert as a birthday present, said regardless of exactly how late Justin’s show was, “It's one thing if your demographic is 50 year-olds, but his demographic is lots of little girls who need to go home and go to bed”.
Cooper said people were crying and booing, and the women seated next to her had to abandon the performance after paying $106 per ticket. One concertgoer countered Justin’s claims saying he never hit the stage until 10:38 p.m., and to make up for the delay, the attendee told Us Weekly that he had to trim his set list.
Bieber's rep had no official comment, but an insider backed up Justin’s version of events via Twitter saying, “He was not supposed to go on until 9:30 and he went on just after 10”. A source told Us, “He was not two hours late. There was no booing”.
The concert fiasco comes on the heels of Justin’s unfortunate birthday celebration mess from Friday night. Bieber took a lot of heat from the public and in the media for “whining” about how awful his birthday celebration turned out to be.
The story floating in cyberspace was that Justin tweeted out he had the “worst birthday”, after some members of his entourage were supposedly refused entry to a London club for being underage.
Bieber later denied via an Instagram post that he had “brought underage people to a club”. He added that his birthday celebration tanked, “due to dummies pushing over my fans and being overly aggressive”.
Justin ended his series of tweets by saying he wasn’t okay with things being exaggerated, and, “He promised that he would put on a ‘great show’ Tuesday - and it would start on time”.
Justin has three more concerts at the London venue ending Thursday.