TBS and Just For Laughs are gearing up to celebrate some of the hottest rising comedians as TWIX Presents the TBS LOL Lounge during the second-annual edition of TBS PRESENTS A “VERY FUNNY” FESTIVAL: JUST FOR LAUGHS, taking place June 15-19 in Chicago. The Red Bar Comedy Club, 157 W. Ontario Street, will serve as home to the four laugh-filled shows over two nights. Jamie Kaler of TBS’s My Boys will host four laugh-filled shows over two nights at The Red Bar Comedy Club, where 20 fresh faces on the comedy circuit will take the stage. Tickets for TBS LOL Lounge performances are available at http://brownpapertickets.com
TWIX Presents the TBS LOL Lounge will take place Friday, June 18, and Saturday, June 19, at 7 and 9:30 p.m. each night. Each show will open with a performance by one of the top four finalists in RooftopComedy.com’s National College Comedy Competition. TBS LOL Lounge performances will also be made available online at http://justforlaughschicago.com.
The following is a rundown and schedule of the up-and-coming comedians slated to perform during the TBS LOL Lounge, with additional comics to be announced soon:
Friday, June 18, at 9:30 p.m. (CT)
· Beth Stelling is the youngest comic listed on Comedy.com’s “Top 20 Stand-up Comedians in Chicago.” She performs at top alternative comedy venues throughout Chicago and has written for The Onion. Her podcast, Lady Force One, led Time Out Chicago to call Stelling “hilarious.” She has been nominated as Comedian of the Year in the 29th Annual Chicago Music Awards.
· Michael Palascak performed at Caesar’s Palace during the Las Vegas Comedy Festival and was the winner of HBO’s Lucky 21 Stand-up Contest. He made his Comedy Central debut on Live at Gotham and recently debuted his one-person sketch show, Pursuing Happiness, in Chicago.
Saturday, June 19, at 7 p.m. (CT)
· Dan Telfer is a Chicago native who spins whimsical flights of fancy with stories from his quirky life. Time Out named him one of the Funniest People in Chicago; Rooftop Comedy dubbed him the “Nelson Mandela of Nerds”; and Comedy.com named him one of the 20 funniest comedians in Chicago. His first CD, Fossil Record, is a split release with Paul F. Tompkins and Greg Proops on AST Records.
Saturday, June 19, at 9:30 p.m. (CT)
· Prescott Tolk is a local Chicago comic originally from New Jersey. He has appeared on Premium Blend. The Chicago Reader dubbed him a Critic's Choice and Time Out Chicago called him a Don't Miss. Tolk writes comic essays for The Huff-ington Post, as well as for his own blog, which is entitled Further from the Truth.
· Brendan McGowan is a stand-up comedian with a focus on storytelling and social satire. Born and raised on the north side of Chicago, he has performed at all the premier independent showcases in Chicago, as well as in comedy clubs throughout the Midwest. Brendan recently ranked among the Top 10 best comedians in Chicago by Comedy.com.
Other Festival performers include comedy superstars Russell Peters, Denis Leary, Greg Giraldo, Jim Norton, Aziz Ansari, Patton Oswalt, Tim Meadows, Adam Carolla, JB Smoove as his character Leon Black, Rob Corrdry and his new series Childrens Hospital and George Wendt, Tim Kazurinsky and other comedy greats from the Second City class of ’79. Also on the roster is the wildly popular Lucha VaVOOM show.
Tickets for Festival performances are available at all Ticketmaster locations, online at http://www.ticketmaster.com or by phone at 800/745-3000. Tickets for Festival events will also be available at respective venue box offices. A complete schedule of announced performances and other Festival information are available at http://www.justforlaughschicago.com.