What do these three things have in common?
- the fountain of youth…
- a breath of fresh air…
- the laughter of children.
Answer: Happy memories, pure magic and the promise of youth – they all have the ability to rejuvenate, refresh and re-energize the mind and the soul.
The innocence, youthful joy, energy and unsolicited unconditional love found in children can captivate and perform miracles on all of us, turning a dreary day into a sunshiny day, a frown into a smile.
Thanks to our readers, here are this month’s Grandgiggles
1. Conversation with my daughter on her last visit --
Rachel: Where's Cole (her 4-year-old son)? Does Grandpa have guns in the house?
Me: Yes, but they are hidden and there is no ammunition in the vicinity.
Me: (Should I tell her about the rifles with affixed bayonets in his bedroom? Nah. Where's that kid?) N.M.
2. A tongue is to a baby what a tail is to a squirrel. Must help her crawl faster. (R.B.)
3. While putting Ava to bed tonight:
Ava: Daddy, make sure there's no monsters that come in our house.
Eric: No, honey, I checked the house already. It's all clear.
Ava: You tell them to stay away, OK?
Eric: Yep. No monsters are getting in here. I scare THEM away.
Ava: Even the monsters that are as big as our house? Cuz you're crazy and I love you. Yep. Love this girl. (N.S.)
4. Me: I need to eat my feelings.
Tim: There are graham crackers in the kitchen.
Me: @*$&!...I'm feeling more than that.
Tim: Do you want to watch the baby or pick up the ice cream? (J.D.D.)
5. Cole: (my grandson) NanNan! NanNan!
Me: Cole! Cole! WHAT??
Cole: I'm building a tank out of LEGOs. You can help.
Me: Not me. I'm not a builder... I'm a visionary... a dreamer... a big picture person... (at which point he walked away). (N.M.)
6. Gram, shopping with her granddaughter: It’s girl’s day out. Isn’t this so much fun?
Sky: No, Gram, it’s old lady and girl’s day out. And yes, it’s way fun.
Gram – guess she told me – ouch. (E.N.J.)
7. My 11-year old daughter comes off the bus after school today with the biggest smile I've seen on her face in a very long time. She proceeds to tell me she's "in the best mood EVER". I reply, "Of course you are. Only one more day of school". To which she says, "Who cares about school? I've got a date Friday night at 6:00 at Tropical Smoothie"! And so the fun begins. (S.H.)
8. Granddaughter River is now one year old. She. puts the "zing" in amazing. (R.B.)
If you enjoyed these Grandgiggles, you may also enjoy:
- Grandgiggles make the heart smile
- Grandchildren and the funny things they say
- Nothing warms the heart like the cute things kids say
- Christmas grandgiggles add a happy note to your heart
To receive Ellen Jacob’s articles in your in-box, click SUBSCRIBE. It’s FREE and your email will never be shared with anyone. Share your funny, cute, awwww! grandgiggles by emailing me at: firstname.lastname@example.org type GRANDGIGGLES in the Subject Line