Enliven the mind and spirit of the young people in you life this month with many of the opportunities Connectiuct has to offer:
- Tom Sawyer Day - Saturday, 6/12 at the Mark Twain House and Museum in Hartford. Celebrate this day with events for the family. Many guest artists will be on board including Hartford children's Theater. Free admission. 9:30 - 5:00. For more info, call, 860-247-0998
- Connecticut Science Center Turns One! Saturday, 6/12. Come celebrate from 10 to 5. They are offering half price admission for this event. For more info, call, 860-724-3623
- UniverSoul Circus - East Hartford Rentschler Field Ballroom. June 23 through June 30. See the amazing talents of these African American circus performers. For more info, visit, www.universoulcircus.com
- Loving Kindness Youth Group - New Britain YMCA. June 12 from 1 to 4. This workshop is meant to help develop children to be calm, kind and have a moral standard with Buddhist Philosophy -- Kindness to all beings, calm and contented in mind, brave and ready for any change of situation in life. For more info call, 1-860-869-5350
- The Connecticut Christian Academy 1st Annual Spring Carnival and Great Cake Debate Cake-Off. Cyr Chapel, Middletown June 12 from 11-4. Great shopping, food and carnival games plus a fabulous cake decorating contest. Admission is free. For more info call Danielle Johnson at 860-874-1309 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.