Oscar- and Emmy-winner Alan Ball brings more suspense and surprises to the sexy, scary and wildly entertaining True Blood: The Complete Sixth Season. While Vampire Bill is rebirthed as a powerful ancient deity “Billith” -- emerging from a pool of blood with newfound powers, Louisiana Governor Truman Burrell declares open season on all vampires. Replete with novel anti-vamp weapons and a high-tech internment camp established, he is hellbent on wiping out the vampire race forever. With the Authority in flames and the True Blood beverage in short supply, there seems to be little sense of normalcy left in Bon Temps. Meanwhile, Sookie and Jason must brace themselves for an encounter with the mysterious and ancient Warlow -- their parents’ killer.
Based on the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris, Academy Award-winning actress Anna Paquin returns as waitress and part-faerie Sookie Stackhouse, along with Stephen Moyer as vampire Bill Compton, Alexander Skarsgård as vampire Eric Northman and Ryan Kwanten as Sookie's trouble-prone brother Jason Stackhouse. Other returning True Blood cast favorites include: Rutina Wesley as Pam's newly-turned progeny, Tara Thornton; Sam Trammell as Sookie's shape-shifting boss, Sam Merlotte; Nelsan Ellis as Tara's clairvoyant sharp-tongued cousin, Lafayette Reynolds; Carrie Preston as Arlene Bellefleur, a Merlotte's waitress; Todd Lowe as Terry Bellefleur; Chris Bauer as Terry's cousin, sheriff Andy Bellefleur; Deborah Ann Woll as Jessica Hamby, Bill's vampire progeny; Kristin Bauer van Straten as Pam, Eric's vampire progeny and business partner; Lauren Bowles as Holly, a Merlotte's waitress; Joe Manganiello as werewolf Alcide Herveaux; Michael McMillian as vampire Steve Newlin; Lucy Griffiths as Nora, a former chancellor of the Vampire Authority; Kelly Overton as werewolf Rikki; and Anna Camp as anti-vampire crusader Sarah Newlin.
New cast members for Season Six include: Arliss Howard as Louisiana Governor Truman Burrell; Rob Kazinsky as Ben, a stranger with faerie ties; Rutger Hauer as Niall, a faerie grandfather; Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Nicole, a pro-vampire activist; and Amelia Rose Blaire as Truman Burrell's daughter, Willa.
The DVD and Blu-ray are packed with an exciting array of bonus materials that will keep all “Truebies” sated. There are extensive audio commentaries, previews & recaps and "Inside the Episodes," revealing the backstories of each episode with interviews from show writers. Exclusive to Blu-ray are “Vamp Camp Files” and “True Blood Lines.” “Vamp Camp Files” takes an inside look at the secret trove of documents detailing the effort to eradicate vampires via the institution known as "Vamp Camp.” “True Blood Lines” uncover secrets from relationships past and present in this engaging fully interactive guide and archive.
True Blood begins its ten-episode seventh and final season on HBO on Sunday, June 22, 2014 at 9 p.m.
- “Who Are You, Really?” - In the wake of Bill's blood-soaked reincarnation, Sookie, Eric, Jason, Jessica, Tara, Pam and Nora flee the Authority compound as Sam, Luna and Emma dodge swarming guards. Now packmaster, Alcide discovers that the job comes with unsavory side dishes, but other major perks. In Bon Temps, Andy deals with parenting four newborn human-faerie hybrids. Meanwhile, Louisiana Governor Truman Burrell vows open season on vampires. Jessica returns to Compton Place as Jason hitches a ride with an eerie stranger.
- “The Sun” - A long-lost relative reveals himself to Jason and Sookie. After Tara is victimized by a new government weapon, Eric takes matters into his own hands in an effort to thwart Burrell's anti-vampire initiatives. On the road to work, Sookie is drawn to a handsome stranger who shares her faerie abilities. Sam is unnerved by supernatural-rights zealot Nicole, and is confronted by Alcide and Martha about Emma's future. Bill contemplates the scope of his heightened powers.
- “You’re No Good” - Irate over Burrell's blatant aggression towards vampires, Eric takes matters into his own hands. After dangerously testing the limits of his powers, Bill enlists a Tru Blood innovator to synthesize a new type of blood - but has difficulty finding the right donor. Sookie begins to learn why Warlow is after her. Sam receives unexpected help from Nicole and her Vampire Unity Society (V.U.S.) associates. Steve Newlin finds his past ideals turning into a current nightmare.
- “At Last” - Sookie confronts her growing attraction to the mysterious Ben. Eric counters Burrell's brutal anti-vampire initiatives by hitting his nemesis where it hurts the most. Growing up all too quickly, Andy's faerie daughters end up keeping dangerous company. Sam and Nicole make a connection. Bill tasks Takahashi to synthesize a new kind of blood.
- “F**k the Pain Away” - Seeking more answers about her past, Sookie enlists Lafayette to summon her dead parents. Meanwhile, Eric and Tara resort to drastic measures when Pam finds herself in dangerous territory. Sarah Newlin reconnects with Jason as Jessica seeks atonement.
- “Don’t You Feel Me” - Bill decides to seek out Lillith for advice on handling the escalating human-vampire crisis. Eric, Pam, Nora, Jason and Jessica get up-close-and-personal looks at the perverse perils of Vamp Camp. Sam comes to a decision he hopes will be in Emma's best interest. Andy gives his faerie daughter a name, or two or three or four. Arlene has a solution to Terry's malaise. Eric makes a startling discovery.
- “In the Evening” - Eric makes a last-ditch effort to save an ailing Nora. A tragedy close to home forces Sam to ignore Alcide's warning and return to Bon Temps. Jessica shows her gratitude to James, a fellow incarcerated vamp, while an emboldened Sarah exacts a measure of revenge on Jason.
- “Dead Meat” - Sookie faces a major dilemma in deciding whether to broker a deal between Warlow and Bill. In vamp camp, Jason gets to know Violet, while Sarah goes to extremes to keep Tru Blood flowing. Alcide makes a decision that will impact the futures of Nicole and Sam.
- “Life Matters” - A desperate Bill tries to ferry Warlow away from the faerie plain, but Sookie is having none of it. Meanwhile, Eric arrives at vamp camp, looking to inflict serious human damage. In Bon Temps, friends and family take emotional turns remembering a fallen neighbor. Bill feels the pull of Lilith's sirens.
- “Radioactive” - Bill discovers that salvation comes at a price; Jason senses a vampire attraction firsthand. Sookie examines her future with Warlow, while Bon Temps braces itself when a new crisis threatens both humans and vampires.
- Anna Paquin as Sookie Stackhouse
- Stephen Moyer as Bill Compton
- Sam Trammell as Sam Merlotte
- Ryan Kwanten as Jason Stackhouse
- Rutina Wesley as Tara Thornton
- Alexander Skarsgård as Eric Northman
- Chris Bauer as Andy Bellefleur
- Kristin Bauer van Straten as Pam De Beaufort
- Lauren Bowles as Holly Cleary
- Anna Camp as Sarah Newlin
- Nelsan Ellis as Lafayette Reynolds
- Lucy Griffiths as Nora Gainesborough
- Rutger Hauer as Niall Brigant
- Arliss Howard as Truman Burrell
- Rob Kazinsky as Ben Flynn / Macklyn Warlow
- Todd Lowe as Terry Bellefleur
- Joe Manganiello as Alcide Herveaux
- Michael McMillian as Steve Newlin
- Kelly Overton as Rikki Naylor
- Robert Patrick as Jackson Herveaux
- Carrie Preston as Arlene Fowler
- Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Nicole Wright
- Deborah Ann Woll as Jessica Hamby
- Dale Dickey as Martha Bozeman
- Amelia Rose Blaire as Willa Burrell
- Bailey Noble as 18–Year–Old Faerie #4 / Adilyn Bellefleur
- Karolina Wydra as Violet
- Luke Grimes as James
- John Fleck as Dr. Overlark
- Jamie Gray Hyder as Danielle
- Chloe Noelle as Emma Garza
- Marque Richardson as Kenneth
- Pruitt Taylor Vince as Finn
- Keone Young as Hido Takahashi
DVD Special Features:
- Inside the Episodes (10 Clips) - get the backstories on each episode with revealing interviews from the show writers.
- Audio Commentaries - five commentaries with cast and crew including executive producer Brian Buckner, Stephen Moyer, Carrie Preston, Amelia Rose Blaire and more!
- Previews & Recaps
Blu-ray Special Features:
Includes all DVD Special Features plus:
- Vamp Camp Files - get an inside look at the secret trove of documents detailing the effort to eradicate vampires via the institution known as "Vamp Camp."
- True Blood Lines - uncover secrets from relationships past and present in this engaging fully interactive guide and archive.
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.