Academy Award-winning screenwriter Akiva Goldsman makes his directorial debut in the perfect love story Winter’s Tale, which he wrote and also co-produced. Based on Mark Helprin’s 1983 acclaimed novel of the same name, it features a star-studded cast that includes Colin Farrell, Jessica Brown Findlay and Academy Award winner Russell Crowe, alongside Jennifer Connelly, William Hurt, Eva Marie Saint, Will Smith, Mckayla Twiggs and Ripley Sobo.
Between love, destiny and darkness comes the story of miracles, crossed destinies and the age-old battle of good versus evil. Set in a mythic New York City and spanning more than a century, Peter Lake is a master thief who never expected to get his heart stolen on his last job to rob a fortress-like mansion on the Upper West Side. Inside the home, he finds and falls in love with the red-headed beautiful Beverly Penn, but their love is star-crossed. While she burns with a deadly form of consumption, Peter has been marked for a much more violent death by his one-time mentor, the demonic Pearly Soames. Although they initially escape to the Lake of the Coheeries to spend what little time they have together, Pearly calls on one of Lucifer’s angels to poison Beverly. Peter desperately tries to save her, but he is too late. After the funeral, he leaves and Pearly and his men surround Peter at the Brooklyn Bridge, where he is pushed off the bridge.
Miraculously surviving, Peter spends the next century with amnesia -- wandering the streets and unknowingly visiting all the places that were important to Beverly and him. Also, he constantly draws pictures of a red-headed girl and visits the graveyard, not knowing whose grave he wants to find. In 2014, he encounters a young girl named Abby and her journalist mother Virginia, who helps his memories come flooding back. Initially he is grief stricken that all the people he loved have died, however then he learns that Beverly’s younger sister Willa, now an elderly woman, is still alive and he has a greater purpose to serve. Meanwhile, Pearly realizes that Peter did not die and gives up his immortality so he can kill him once and for all. With Pearly in pursuit, it finally becomes clear to Peter that the red-headed girl he has been searching for is Abby, not Beverly, and he is her miracle -- just like Beverly was his. As he hurries to save a little girl from dying too young, he will need a miracle to defeat the forces of darkness that will do everything to take him down.
- Colin Farrell as Peter Lake
- Jessica Brown Findlay as Beverly Penn
- Jennifer Connelly as Virginia Gamely
- Russell Crowe as Pearly Soames
- Mckayla Twiggs as Young Willa
- Eva Marie Saint as Adult Willa
- Will Smith as Lucifer
- William Hurt as Isaac Penn
- Ripley Sobo as Abby
- Matt Bomer as Peter's Father
- Lucy Griffiths as Peter's Mother
- Finn Wittrock as Gabriel
- Listo as The Horse
DVD Special Features:
- Winter’s Tale: A Timeless Love
Blu-ray Special Features:
Includes all DVD Special Features plus:
- Characters of Good & Evil
- Additional Scenes
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.