The blood-soaked ancient battles of the Greeks and Persians take to the sea in 300: Rise of an Empire, the new chapter of the epic saga. Directed by Noam Murro from a screenplay by Zack Snyder and Kurt Johnstad, the follow-up to the 2007 film 300 is based on Frank Miller’s graphic novel Xerxes. Lena Headey, Rodrigo Santoro, David Wenham, Andrew Tiernan, Andrew Pleavin and Peter Mensah reprise their roles from the first film. New cast members include Sullivan Stapleton, Eva Green, Hans Matheson, Callan Mulvey and Jack O'Connell. 300: Rise of an Empire is a fictionalized retelling of the Greco-Persian Wars and the Battle of Salamis in 480 B.C.
Told in the breathtaking visual style of the blockbuster 300, 300: Rise of an Empire pits the legendary Greek general Themistokles against the massive invading Persian forces, ruled by the mortal-turned-god Xerxes, and led by beautiful Artemisia, the vengeful commander of the Persian navy. After Xerxes witnesses his father King Darius I die at the hands of Themistokles in the Battle of Marathon, he vows to seek revenge and conquer Greece. He is sent to a cave in the desert by Artemisia and emerges as the God-King of Persia after bathing in a pool of otherworldly liquid.
As Xerxes leads his army on land towards Thermopylae to face King Leonidas and his Spartan army, Artemisia and her navy set sail for battle at sea. In the Aegean Sea, Themistokles and his men gain the upper hand in the fight against the Persians, but are soon dealt a devastating blow when Themistokles rejects Artemisia’s invitation to join her side as her second-in-command.
In the aftermath, Themistokles is presumed dead and the Persians are victorious, especially after the slaughter of Leonidas and the 300 Spartans. When it turns out Themistokles is alive, Artemisia readies her troops and the two armies fight in the decisive Battle of Salamis. Joined by King Leonidas’ wife Queen Gorgo, her Spartan army and other allied Greeks, the Athenians and Spartans lead the battle to defeat the Persians once and for all.
- Sullivan Stapleton as Themistokles
- Eva Green as Artemisia
- Caitlin Carmichael as 8-year-old Artemisia
- Jade Chynoweth as 13-year-old Artemisia
- Lena Headey as Queen Gorgo
- Rodrigo Santoro as King Xerxes, God-King of Persia
- Jack O'Connell as Calisto
- Hans Matheson as Aeschylus
- Callan Mulvey as Scyllias
- David Wenham as Dilios
- Andrew Tiernan as Ephialtes
- Yigal Naor as Darius I
- Andrew Pleavin as Daxos
- Ben Turner as General Artaphernes
- Ashraf Barhom as General Bandari
- Christopher Sciueref as General Kashani
- Peter Mensah as Artemisia's trainer / Persian messenger
- Gerard Butler as King Leonidas
- Michael Fassbender as Stelios
- The 300 Effect
o 3 Days in Hell
o Brutal Artistry
o A New Breed of Hero
o Taking the Battle to the Sea
- Real Leaders & Legends
- Women Warriors
- Savage Warships
- Becoming a Warrior
Check out the slideshow to see what the exclusives look like.
Release Date: June 10, 2014
Release Date: July 16, 2014
- 300: Rise of an Empire Blu-ray 2D+3D Combo SteelBook with DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy.
Release Date: July 31, 2014
- 300: Rise of an Empire Ultimate Collector's Edition with Blu-ray 2D+3D SteelBook and Themistokles figure.
- Amazon.de - 300: Rise of an Empire Blu-ray 2D+3D SteelBook with UltraViolet Digital Copy.
Release Date: June 30, 2014
Release Date: July 4, 2014
Release Date: July 11, 2014
Release Date: June 26, 2014
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.