From Academy Award nominated filmmaker Raymond De Felitta, known for City Island, comes the thrilling and poignant crime-thriller Rob the Mob based on the true story of lovers Thomas and Rosemarie Uva who committed audacious heists of the Mafia social clubs in the 1990s. Written by Jonathan Fernandez, it stars Michael Pitt, Tony Award winner Nina Arianda, Academy Award nominee Andy Garcia and Emmy winner Ray Romano, along with Aida Turturro, Frank Whaley, Michael Rispoli, Joseph R. Gannascoli and Yul Vasquez.
Set in New York City 1991, small-time crooks and star-crossed lovers Tommy and Rosie Uva celebrate Valentine’s Day by robbing a local florist. Unfortunately, their crazy declaration of passionate love for one another ends in them getting arrested and sent to prison. After Rosie gets out, she tries to go straight and gets a job at a debt collection agency. She tries to persuade Tommy to join her, but instead he becomes fascinated with the landmark trial of Gambino family boss John Gotti -- which reawakens memories of his father suffering a brutal beating at the hands of local gangsters.
When Mafia hitman Sammy "The Bull" Gravano provides graphic testimony that could finally bring down the flamboyant mob kingpin and spills secrets of a lifetime, Tommy learns that various Mafia-owned social clubs do not permit any guns. Getting the idea to rob the joint, the two lovebirds soon begin a series of Bonnie-and-Clyde-style stickups with Tommy wielding an Uzi and Rosie driving the beat-up getaway car. Their brazen daylight raids draw the attention of the FBI, crime reporter Jerry Cardozo and the mob.
The reclusive crime family head Big Al Fiorello orders his men only to scare the couple to cut their crime spree short, but later regrets his earlier leniency when Tommy and Rosie stumble upon a Mafia secret so closely guarded that rank-and-file mobsters don’t even know of its existence -- the family tree of the Mafia. Now the fun and games are over as Tommy and Rosie find themselves caught between a mob contract and the Feds who want “The List” to take down New York’s most powerful crime syndicate. Who will get to them first and what does the future hold for these most notorious lovers since Romeo & Juliet?
Special features include deleted scenes and commentary from director Raymond de Felitta.
- Michael Pitt as Tommy Uva
- Nina Arianda as Rosie Uva
- Andy García as Big Al
- Ray Romano as Jerry Cardozo
- Aida Turturro as Anna
- Frank Whaley as Agent Frank Hurd
- Michael Rispoli as Sal
- Joseph R. Gannascoli as Dom
- Burt Young as Joey D
- Griffin Dunne as Dave Lovell
- Yul Vazquez as Vinny Gorgeous
- Aimee Mullins as Carrie
- Silvestre Rasuk as Homeless Man
- Luke Fava as Robbie
- Adam Trese as Assistant Director Ryan
- Garry Pastore as Sammy
- Samira Wiley as Agent Annie Bell
- Matthew Blumm as Marco
- Danielle Montezinos as Jumela
- Teddy Coluca as Joe Butch
- Deleted Scenes
- Commentary from Director Raymond de Felitta
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.