From three-time Academy Award nominee Wes Anderson, of Moonrise Kingdom and Fantastic Mr. Fox, comes the quirky, delightful adventure comedy film The Grand Budapest Hotel, which he directed, co-wrote and co-produced. Inspired by the writings of Stefan Zweig, it features a star-studded cast that includes Ralph Fiennes, Tony Revolori, Adrien Brody, Willem Dafoe, Jeff Goldblum, Saoirse Ronan, Edward Norton, F. Murray Abraham, Mathieu Amalric, Jude Law, Harvey Keitel, Bill Murray, Jason Schwartzman, Tom Wilkinson, Owen Wilson and Tilda Swinton.
Set in the fictional Republic of Zubrowka, the once picturesque Eastern European alpine state has been fallen on hard times, ravaged by war and poverty. A man known as The Author visits a remote dilapidated mountainside hotel and encounters the hotel’s elderly owner Zero Moustafa, who recounts his tale of how he came to own the hotel and why he is unwilling to shut it down.
Zero’s story begins in 1932 during the hotels’ final years of glory. He is a young lobby boy working under the supervision of the legendary concierge Monsieur Gustave H., whose services are readily available to the hotel’s wealthy clientele, especially to elderly women who come for his exceptional sexual offerings. When one of the oldest and richest patrons, 84-year-old dowager countess Madame D. turns up dead under mysterious circumstances, a shocked Gustave is bequeathed a priceless painting called “Boy with Apple.” Her bickering heirs headed up by her viperous son Dmitri are none too pleased and Gustave is framed for Madame D.’s murder. To prove Gustave’s innocence, Zero facilitates his prison escape and the two begin a wondrous and fantastical misadventure that takes them to a mountaintop monastery, down the slopes to face a cold-blooded assassin and ultimately to an all-out gunfight that ends with the unearthing of more wealth than ever imagined.
The DVD and Blu-ray special features include Mendl’s secret recipe, a stills gallery and promotional featurettes "Cast" and "Wes Anderson." Exclusive to Blu-ray are vignettes, a four-part making-of featurette, "Bill Murray Tours The Town," "Kunstmuseum Zubrowka Lecture" and "The Society of the Crossed Keys."
- Ralph Fiennes as Monsieur Gustave H.
- Tony Revolori as Young Zero Moustafa
- Adrien Brody as Dmitri Desgoffe-und-Taxis
- Willem Dafoe as J.G. Jopling
- Jeff Goldblum as Deputy Vilmos Kovacs
- Saoirse Ronan as Agatha
- Edward Norton as Inspector Henckels
- F. Murray Abraham as Old Zero Moustafa
- Mathieu Amalric as Serge X.
- Jude Law as The Author as a Young Man
- Harvey Keitel as Ludwig
- Bill Murray as Monsieur Ivan
- Léa Seydoux as Clotilde
- Jason Schwartzman as Monsieur Jean
- Tilda Swinton as Madame Céline Villeneuve Desgoffe-und-Taxis (Madame D.)
- Tom Wilkinson as The Author as an Old Man
- Owen Wilson as Monsieur Chuck
- Bob Balaban as M. Martin
DVD Special Features:
- Mendl’s Secret Recipe
- Promotional Featurettes – “Cast” and “Wes Anderson”
- Stills Gallery
Blu-ray Special Features:
Includes all DVD Special Features plus:
- Bill Murray Tours The Town
- Kunstmuseum Zubrowka Lecture
- The Society of the Crossed Keys
- The Making of the Grand Budapest Hotel
○ Part 1 – The Story
○ Part 2 – The Society of the Crossed Keys
○ Part 3 – Creating The Hotel
○ Part 4 – Creating A World
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.