From ABC Studios and Plan B Entertainment come the new thrilling drama television series Resurrection: The Complete First Season. Based on Jason Mott’s book The Returned, Season 1 follows the residents of Arcadia, Missouri whose lives are changed forever after their deceased loved ones return to life. The story begins when an 8-year-old boy named Jacob who was presumed dead more than 30 years ago is found alive in the rice paddies of rural China claiming he is from Arcadia. When Immigration Agent Martin Bellamy escorts him home, he is reunited with his parents Henry and Lucille Langston, now in their 60’s. Unchanged since Jacob’s death, initially they cannot believe he is their son even though he recognizes them as his parents. As Agent Bellamy and those closest to the family try to unravel this impossible mystery, they learn that Jacob knows secrets about his own death and the death of another who died that same day -- his aunt who is Sheriff Fred Langston’s wife. While Fred’s daughter Gail investigates, more resurrectees appear and the Arcadians become fearful -- their faith is shaken, wondering who or what they may be. When the return of the deceased reaches a critical mass, the town of Arcadia is in a state of chaos and Agent Bellamy is forced to finally ask for outside help, while Sheriff Langston steps in with his own agenda. Everything comes to a head when it all backfires in a way that no one could have ever imagined.
Developed by Aaron Zelman, Resurrection features a powerful cast that includes Omar Epps, Frances Fisher, Matt Craven, Devin Kelley, Mark Hildreth, Samaire Armstrong, Sam Hazeldine, Landon Gimenez and Kurtwood Smith.
Special features include deleted scenes, bloopers and two featurettes: “On Location in Georgia” and “Resurrection: Building a Mystery.”
Resurrection has been renewed for a second season.
- “The Returned” - More than thirty years have passed since the death of their son Jacob, so the reappearance of an 8-year-old boy who by all appearances is their son causes quite a shock for Henry and Lucille Langston, now in their 60's. Immigration agent Bellamy's normally routine job becomes increasingly complicated as he tries to figure out what is happening.
- “Unearth” - Bellamy enlists Maggie's help to convince the families to allow Jacob's exhumation. Meanwhile, the family of the second resurrectee struggles with his reappearance.
- “Two Rivers” - The exhumation of Jacob's crypt doesn't solve any answers. Bellamy's suspicions turn toward Caleb as he discovers his criminal past and current mysterious behavior. The townspeople start reacting from fear, despite Pastor Tom's council, but even his faith is shaken by the arrival of another visitor.
- “Us Against the World” - Bellamy convinces Sheriff Langston of Caleb's criminal activities and a manhunt begins. Maggie examines Jacob after he has a seizure and is puzzled by the results. Pastor Tom struggles with his feelings over the return of his former love.
- “Insomnia” - Bellamy struggles to keep Jacob safe from outside forces. But a tragic incident from his past as a cop continues to haunt him. Elaine is pressured to find out where dad Caleb hid the stolen bank money before the FBI comes to town and learns the truth about Arcadia. Maggie delivers shocking news to Rachael, and Caleb gives Bellamy a chilling warning.
- “Home” - Maggie turns to a man from her past, Dr. Eric Ward, now working for the NIH, for answers to Arcadia's mystery. She insists Ward is there as a friend, but Bellamy is suspicious of any outsiders. Rachael's secret falls into the wrong hands. In the wake of recent events, Pastor Tom and Bellamy try to reassure Arcadians they have nothing to fear from the returned, but some residents have other ideas. Fear spreads through the town as they learn of the third returned and when authorities have no explanation for Caleb's disappearance.
- “Schemes of the Devil” - Bellamy, Pastor Tom and the Sheriff all look for Rachael to try to prevent a tragedy. Dr. Ward discovers a shocking result from Jacob's blood and asks Maggie to return with him to Maryland. The town gets thrown into a panic.
- “Torn Apart” - The town of Arcadia is in a state of chaos when the return of the deceased reaches a critical mass. Bellamy has no other choice than to ask for outside aid which backfires when Sheriff Fred steps in with his own agenda, triggering a siege on the town that no one saw coming.
- Omar Epps as Immigration and Customs Agent J. Martin "Marty" Bellamy
- Frances Fisher as Lucille Langston
- Matt Craven as Sheriff Fred Langston
- Devin Kelley as Dr. Maggie Langston
- Mark Hildreth as Pastor Tom Hale
- Nicholas Gonzalez as Deputy Connor Cuesta
- Samaire Armstrong as Elaine Richards
- Sam Hazeldine as Caleb Richards
- Landon Gimenez as Jacob Langston
- Kurtwood Smith as Henry Langston
- Tamlyn Tomita as Dr. Willis
- Kevin Sizemore as Gary Humphrey
- Travis Young as Ray Richards
- On Location in Georgia - Filmmakers and cast reflect on the place Resurrection calls home.
- Resurrection: Building a Mystery - The show's stars share their theories about the mystery at the heart of the series: how are the town's loved and lost ones returning home to their families...and why?
- Deleted Scenes
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.