Streets in Lahaina close around 4 p.m. and re-open at 9 p.m. Walkers are free to wander up-and-down Famous Front Street. Several food vendors sell hot dogs and drinks, and there's always food booths in the park next to the Baldwin Museum.
Most businesses on Front Street offer all-day merchandise sales. Several retail stores close early to let employees enjoy the fireworks presentation.
Of course, everyone wants to see one of Maui's famous sunsets, and Lahaina Town is one of the best places on the island. This year in 2014, no one was disappointed. The sunset was a broad selection of gold, red, magenta and dark blue, and was an incredible event to witness before the actual fireworks presentation.
Starting promptly at 8 p.m., the fireworks show over the channel between Maui, Lanai, and Molokai was a 12-minute spectacle. Most of the fireworks are big and expansive, and there's just something about fireworks over water that makes it truly unique.
Visiting Maui during the 4th of July? Make sure to drive to the west side of Maui and enjoy the annual July 4th Celebration. It's a fun and family-friendly event.
- Of course, parking is brutal. So come early. Real early.
- There is paid parking lots on Dickenson Street and Lahainaluna Road. Turn toward the ocean from Hwy. 30.
- Another parking idea is to pay for parking in The Outlets of Maui shopping complex. It's a short walk to Hard Rock Cafe, which is across from a seawall and is one of the best places to see the fireworks show.
- If you're looking for a place to sit and eat while watching the sunset and fireworks show, the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, Koa's Seaside Grill, Lahaina Fish Company, and Kimo's Restaurant are four possible choices. You'll need to make reservations in advance.
- Looking for a Hawaiian tradition? Get a shave ice at Ululani's Shave Ice. There's two locations on Front Street.
- Try some fudge and the Hawaii Flavors of salt water taffy at Hawaii Fudge Company.
- For a great evening of entertainment, come back to Lahaina Town one evening for the best Elvis impersonator you'll ever see. Burn-n-Love at the Maui Theatre is the most authentic Elvis show ever presented.
- Lastly. Show patience when leaving Lahaina. The traffic will be backed-up and it'll take some time to get to Hwy. 30.
Park at the Lahaina Cannery Mall or the Lahaina Gateway shopping complex. It's a 10-15 minute walk to Front Street, or you can take a taxi. It'll save you a lot of time when you try and leave Lahaina Town after the fireworks show.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama's Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It's one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman's Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It's one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento's On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali' imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy's in Ka'anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui's Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe'o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A "must-see" beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui's top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii's largest working sugar factory.