Lots of southern Californians have jumped on the juicing bandwagon in the name of eating (or drinking) healthier. But don't you feel a bit guilty tossing all that nutrient-rich pulp into the bin? Yeah, us too.
That's why the culinary team at Foxy Produce created a series of juice suggestions with accompanying "Rejuicenate!" recipes specifically designed to turn the pulp into other delicious and nutritious dishes. The Super Human Hummus below is one; you can find the rest at http://www.foxy.com/rejuicenate-recipes/ .
Super Human Hummus
- 1 16-ounce container prepared hummus
- 1 cup Green With Envy SuperJuice pulp
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Combine the hummus with the juice pulp.
- If the hummus seems thick, add water 1 Tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with lemon juice and salt.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve in a bowl along with FOXY celery.