Judicial Watch just released their '2013 Top Ten list of America’s most corrupt politicians.'
Leading the list is none other than House Majority Leader John Boehner.
As the Judicial Watch editorial board described the Speaker, “House Speaker John Boehner has apparently become a master at what Government Accountability Institute President Peter Schweizer calls the “Tollbooth Strategy.”
In Schweizer's new book, Extortion: How Politicians Extract Your Money, Buy Votes, and Line Their Own Pockets:, he explains “You pay money at a tollbooth in order to use a road or bridge. The methodology in Washington is similar: if someone wants a bill passed, charge them money to allow the bill to move down the legislative highway.”
According to Schweizer, “Boehner apparently used the Tollbooth Strategy to collect more than $200,000 in political donations.”
The Speaker was number one on the dubious Top Ten joined by:
• CIA Director John Brennan
• Senator Saxby Chambliss
• Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
• Attorney General Eric Holder
• Former IRS Commissioner Steven T. Miller / Former IRS Official Lois Lerner
• Former DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano
• President Barack Obama
• Senator Harry Reid (D-NV)
• Health Secretary Kathleen Sebelius
Dishonorable Mentions for 2013 include:
• Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg
• Outgoing Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell (R) / Incoming Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D)
• Former Rep. Rick Renzi (R-AZ)
• National Security Adviser Susan Rice
“Congratulations” are in order for all the ten ”honorees” and runner-up honorable mentions.
* If you have enjoyed this column, may I suggest you scroll down this page and press the SUBSCRIBE box? It's FREE. Thank you for your patronage.
** Send your comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org