Jon Bon Jovi and his wife Dorthea Hurley received a phone call in November 2012 telling them that their daughter Stephanie Bongiovi had overdosed in her dorm room at Hamilton College. In a recent interview, Jon Bon Jovi told Katie Couric that it was the “worst phone call ever.”
According to an article in The Huffington Post on March 21, Bon Jovi was unaware of his daughter’s drug use and the scare that he and Dorthea faced served as a wake- up call. Bon Jovi revealed that daughter Stephanie, 19, is doing better since she was hospitalized in November 2012 for a heroin overdose.
"She’s [Stephanie Bongiovi] doing great and I appreciate everyone’s thoughts and prayers. I’m just blessed that she’s healthy and whole, and we’ll get through it.”
In November 2012 police were called to Stephanie Bongiovi’s dorm room at Hamilton College in upstate New York. Stephanie was found unresponsive but alive by emergency service personnel, and officers sent to the dorm found a small amount of heroin.
A few weeks after daughter Stephanie’s overdose, Jon Bon Jovi made his first public statement, saying that “I’m shocked as much as the next parent with this situation and had no idea.” Jon said that he and wife Dorthea Hurley and their family surrounded themselves with the best help and love and love and move on. Bon Jovi went on to say, “Steph is a great kid.”
All Rights Reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author. Partial reposting is permitted with a link back to the original article.