Five people from Volusia and one person from Brevard County have been arrested on Racketeering charges, according to the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office. The arrests came after a combined investigation by the Volusia and Seminole County Sheriff’s Offices into an online business that detectives say was run by Deltona resident Marc Kolarik. The business sold over one-million dollars in stolen goods last year, according to Volusia County Sheriff’s spokesperson Gary Davidson, who added that Kolarik had not reported any income to the state in over 10 years. Davidson says items sold included electric toothbrushes, hair products, razor blades, teeth whitening strips and other oral hygiene products, and fishing line.
Volusia and Seminole County Sheriff’s detectives started their combined investigation after noticing that identical suspects appeared to be involved in thefts at Publix, Target, Walmart, and Winn-Dixie stores in Seminole and Volusia counties. Davidson added that some of the thefts also happened in Lake, Orange and Osceola counties. Investigators said that around $500-$2000 in products would typically be stolen from each store, and at up to eight of the stores on a particular day. The goods would then be delivered to Kolarik, who then sold the items online on eBay, according to detectives.
After a six-week undercover operation by both of the Sheriff’s Offices, a search warrant was executed at Kolarik’s Salem Drive home Thursday. Davidson says detectives discovered “…a virtual warehouse full of merchandise.” Items confiscated included “…high-end fishing line and fishing lures, teeth whitener products, razor blades, tools, chain saws, remote control cars, dog shampoo, vacuums and gift cards.” Davidson says two firearms, a “large quantity” of ammunition and two vehicles were also seized.
The persons arrested and their charges included:
- 41-year old Marc Kolarik of Deltona, charged with Racketeering, Conspiracy to commit Racketeering and Dealing in Stolen Property.
- 26-year old Scott Niles of Osteen, charged with Racketeering, Conspiracy to commit Racketeering, and three counts of Grand Theft.
- 42-year old Christopher Niles of Titusville, charged with Racketeering, Conspiracy to commit Racketeering, three counts of Grand Theft and one count of Petty Theft.
- 24-year old Jessica Reddy of Deltona, charged with Racketeering, Conspiracy to commit Racketeering, Grand Theft and three counts of Petty Theft.
- 25-year old Jordan Reddy of Osteen, charged with Racketeering, and Conspiracy to commit Racketeering and Petty Theft.
Click here to visit the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office website.
You can contact this writer at firstname.lastname@example.org