There is always an event somewhere in South County and this weekend the California Celtic Classic and World Highland Games will be held at the Sea Terrace Community Park in the seaside town of Dana Point.
Plan now for a weekend of fun and games that the entire family can enjoy,
(a) first get your tickets online at a cost of $10 by visiting here, do not wait as ticket cost $15 at the gate, on the day of the event. Children under 13 years attend for free.
(b) parking is free at Dana Point High School, and a free shuttle takes guests to the event park where the
event takes place from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Aug 24 -25.
With dozens of Scottish Clans gathering there will be many attractions offering something for everyone, so come and enjoy these activities.
(1) The opening ceremonies by city officials and seven time ‘Highland Games World Champion Francis Breher.
(2) bagpipers and color guards introducing the Professional Highland Games Athletes, the Chieftan, a presentation of the flags, and the National Anthem, officially starting the event.
(2) Live music provided by these popular bands on both days - the Highland Way, Chris Colt & the Black Rose Band, Ploughboys, and the Clan and LA Vation (U2) Tribute band.
(3) Whiskey tasting and seminars given by the whiskey expert Ray Pearson, which should keep everyone happy.
(4) The ever popular Celtic dancing performed between the live music sets.
(5) Entertainment that definitely leans toward the Celtics with ‘Haggis eating competitions, war re-enactments, the Archers of Ravenwood and more.
(6) The ever popular marketplace where both Celtic and Southern California lifestyles will be on display and for sale.
(7) The Celtic and International food faire with such favorites as Shepherd pies, Fish & chips, Bangers & Mash, Welsh cakes and lots more traditional food.
(8) The children’s games to keep the young ones entertained, include rides and games among the many activities.
Check out the schedule of events here and head down to Dana Point for an entertaining weekend.