If you love cupcakes, and we know you do, you’re going to want to continue reading. Now, combine your love for frosted, tasty treats with how badly you want to attend this year’s circus spectacle, BARNUM 200SM The Biggest Birthday Bash in Circus History, and you’ve got yourself the ideal, must-attend event of the season.
BARNUM 200SM is celebrating the opening of its biggest birthday bash in history with a cupcake competition. The event will be held at the Wintergarden at Detroit’s GM Renaissance Center, from 10 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, November 9. Cupcake lovers of all ages will be able to witness local bakers compete for a chance to be guest ringmaster, the BARNUMSM bonanza. Guests who attend the Birthday Cupcake Bash will enjoy delectable delights and may receive free show vouches and other prizes. What’s the catch? There isn’t one!
Local bakers will try to craft the most creative BARNUM200SM-themed creation using only 200 cupcakes. Based on categories including original design, attention to detail, taste and connectivity to the circus, the winner will be chosen by local media and celebrities. The grand prize is the opportunity to welcome audiences of BARNUM200SM-The Biggest Birthday Bash in Circus History to the Palace of Auburn Hills on opening night, Wednesday, November 9 at 7:30 p.m. Before the show, the winner will present his or her creation to Ringmaster Johnathan Lee Iverson.
Bakeries represented at the event include the following:
- Butterfly Bake Shoppe – based in Berkley and serving metro Detroit
- Cupcakes and More – with locations in Troy, Detroit and Warren
- The Cupcake Station – with locations in Ann Arbor, Birmingham, Ferndale and Plymouth
- Flower to Flour – based in Royal Oak and serving metro Detroit
Participating judges include the following:
- Ringmaster Johnathan Lee Iverson of BARNUM 200SM
- Ashlee Baracy, Local 4 Traffic, WDIV
- Joe Hakim, co-founder, TheHungryDudes.com
- Annette Janik, Detroit community manager, Yelp.com
- Chef Tom Keshishian, host of Dining in the D (PBS)
For more information on BARNUMSM’s 200th birthday celebration, click here.