The Boulder Digital Arts organization is hosting a Grand Opening event next month to celebrate their new Denver branch. The decision was made to show BDA's support of more Denver-local members and class participants who haven't always been able to trek out to Boulder for events.
BDA – Denver is located in Cherry Creek, at 201 Milwaukee St 80202. The free Grand Opening Celebration is scheduled for Tuesday, 17 June between 5 and 8pm. To emphasize the organization's exciting addition, a slew of free workshops are set in place for the evening:
- 6pm, Fix It In Post!, Taught by Michael Scalisi, the workshop will present an overview on how to correct certain types of production problems using common editing software such as After Effects.
- 6:30pm, Photoshop Tips & Tricks, Wes Price leads this lecture geared toward beginner and seasoned Photoshop users alike.
- 7pm, What's New In Wordpress, Led by UniqueThink's Bethany Siegler, participants can discover all the latest features Wordpress currently offers, and receive guidance on how to build a better site.
- 7:30pm, InDesign Text Tips & Tricks, From graphic designer Betty Taylor, learn some basic and complex InDesign skills like styling paragraphs and characters, and creating a Table of Content that's PDF-ready.
The BDA party includes raffle prizes:
- $250 gift certificate from Chimera
- Panasonic DMC-FH8 point & shoot digital camera
- Two $50 gift certificates from Barbizon
- 3-Month Unlimited Pass to BDA's workshops
- $100 gift certificate to Pro Photo Rental
Boulder Digital Arts has been working hard for over a decade to become a resource center within the Boulder/Denver communities. Supporting people across the media industry—including film, photography, design, technology and business, etc.--by providing education and collaboration to its members.