Let’s face it. In spite of a fifth straight day with snow falling in the Johnstown area, spring is fast approaching. Just look at the calendar if you need some proof. So even though there may be a lot of skiing and boarding left at our local resorts, some snow sports enthusiasts may be feeling a little down.
Here is a way to pick those spirits back up. Start thinking about the 2013-2014 ski season. Many of our local resorts are offering the best deals of the year on season passes for next ski season. These prices will only be around for a short time so hurry to take advantage of the offers.
There are many reasons to consider a season pass at one of our local resorts. The biggest incentive is the savings on lift tickets. If you ski or snow board several frequently at the same resort, you probably will pay less with a season pass. Another advantage is that several of the area resorts are part of an exchange program, which gives discounts to season pass holders from participating resorts when they visit another resort. For example, a season pass holder from Seven Springs can get a discount on their lift ticket at Hidden Valley. The season pass also allows for quicker and easier access to the slopes by avoiding lines for tickets.
Some of the passes also offer special discounts on other activities at the resort, even during the non-ski season. They may also give you discounts on rentals, lockers, or lessons. Some resorts also offer an incentive to new season pass holders that purchase early. Several local resorts will accepts the 2013-2014 season pass for the month of March this year also. For more information on season passes at our Johnstown area resorts, check out their websites.
Here are the pre-season pass sales currently being held at Johnstown area ski resorts.
- Blue Knob Ski Resort is currently holding their pre-season pass sale. The passes bought at this time can be used from now through the end of March in 2014. For the adult season pass, you will pay $365 for a savings of up to 40%. This price is good through March 31, 2013. For more season pass options or prices, contact Blue Knob by phone at 800-458-3403 or 814-239-5111 or stop buy the ticket window at the resort.
- Hidden Valley season passes for 2013-2014 are also on sale currently. The season pass at Hidden Valley also has options for seasonal locker rentals and reserved parking based on availability. In addition, season pass holders for Hidden Valley qualify for special savings at Kennywood in Pittsburgh. The current price for an adult unlimited season pass is $359. This price will be good through April 30, 2013. Check out the Hidden Valley website for more information or to purchase a season pass.
- Seven Springs have their 2013-2014 season passes on sale through April 30, 2013. The adult regular season pass for 2013-2014 is currently $469. You can also save an additional 5% by purchasing your pass with cash or a check. In addition to the normal perks, current season pass holders that take advantage of the pre-season sale will receive a Seven Springs gift card for up to $50. New pass holders are not left out though as they can use their pass throughout the month of March. Check out the Seven Springs website for more information or to purchase your season pass.
- Whitetail Ski Resort has their season pass pre-season sale now through April 1, 2013. You can purchase the 2013-2014 adult season pass for $439. For the first time, new season pass holders can use their season pass for the remainder of this season for an additional $39. Your Whitetail pass is also good at Liberty Mountain and Roundtop Mountain in south-central Pennsylvania. Whitetail season pass holders also qualify for discounts at select resorts throughout the northeast including Seven Springs and at Crested Butte in Colorado. For more information or to purchase a season pass, check out the Whitetail website.
- Tussey Mountain has their pre-season prices set to save you more than 25%. The cost of an adult season pass is only $349 through March 31, 2013. Options are also available for seasonal locker rentals. Visit the Tussey Mountain website for more information or to print an application.
- Wisp Resort in McHenry, MD has not announced their season pass prices for 2013-2014 yet. They usually don’t start selling their season passes until the beginning of April.
So, while you are at the resorts this month, pick up your season passes for next year and save big.