The Johnson County Library Foundation has announced its winners in its annual Pinnacle Awards competition. Honorees are acknowledged because they demonstrate excellence in their professional fields or philanthropic pursuits in your community.
This year's winners are:
Excellence in the Arts:
- Presented to an individual whose work as either a visual or performance artist or writer has had a significant influence on the cultural well-being of our community.
- Emily Behrmann - JCCC Manager of Performing Arts Series
Excellence in Advocacy & Public Engagement:
- Presented to a recognized leader who has made substantial philanthropic or public contributions to our community's improvement and development.
- Kim Bowen Harbur - Gift of Life
- Harold Frye - Music 4 Jeremy’s Cherubs Foundation:
Excellence in Business & Entrepreneurship
- Presented to a business person who has demonstrated innovation, an exceptional entrepreneurial talent and spirit, and contributed dynamic growth and economic well-being to our community.
- Larry Louk - Selective Sites Consultants, Inc.
Excellence in Literacy & Education:
- Presented to an individual who has demonstrated a sustained commitment, either professionally or as a volunteer, to serving the causes of literacy or life-long learning in our community.
- Shane Evans - Children’s Author and Illustrator