The 4th annual John Wayne Film Festival is taking place in Dallas later on this month. Scheduled for Thursday April 24 through Sunday April 27, 2014 this four day festival is being chaired by Anne and Steve Stodghill and David Hale Smith. It will feature screenings of some of John Wayne’s classic movies, question and answer sessions with Wayne family members and co-stars and parties to celebrate his legacy.
The movie screenings and the question and answer sessions will be at the new state-of-the-art LOOK Cinemas and the parties will be at various locations citywide. Check online for more information on this event including ticket information. All the proceeds from the festival will benefit the John Wayne Cancer Foundation.
The John Wayne Cancer Foundation was founded in 1985 to honor the promise his family made him to use his name to continue his fight against cancer. The foundation’s mission is to bring courage, strength and grit to this fight by funding programs that improve cancer patient outcomes and save lives.
Some of the programs include:
- The John Wayne Cancer Institute in Santa Monica California to provide funding for cancer research.
- Funding for cancer research, education, awareness and support in Texas.
- The John Wayne Cancer Foundation Skin Cancer Education program to educate young people about skin cancer prevention and early detection.
- Funding in 19 states for young adults and children to attend outdoor programs that challenge survivors and empowers them to reclaim their lives from cancer.
- Funding for cancer screenings for the underserved to help detect cancer early.
John Wayne Film Festival
5409 Belt Line Rd
Dallas, TX 75254
Thursday April 24 – Sunday April 27, 2014
Source: Jackie Langston