Robson opened with games of 245 and 210 before unleashing 12 consecutive strikes in Game 3 of a 161-over-average 755 series during competition in the Monday Night Mixed League at Englewood Bowl.
Two bowlers, Jonathan Spooner and Chris Tompkinson, strung 10 consecutive strikes en route to games of 289 at Bowland Port Charlotte.
Spooner opened a four-game series in the Al Davis Trio League with games of 289 and 279 before finishing with 221 and 192 to complete a 981 set. His first three games provided him with a 171-over-average 789 series.
Tompkinson blasted his 289 game to jump-start a 720 series in the Thursday Night Mixed League.
Two other area players, Gary Krowka and Van Henson, rolled 10 consecutive strikes after a second-frame spare to finish with scores of 280. Krowka's game was part of a four-game 926 series in the Al Davis Memorial League at Bowland, while Henson's was in the middle of a 692 series in the Cook Spring Invitational League at Sarasota Lanes.
Competing in the Bob Anderson Plumbing Mixed League at Sarasota Lanes, LeAnn Preston posted a 161-over-average series of 545 on games of 193, 185 and 167 to raise her average from 128 to 133.
In other high-score reports from area bowling establishments:
- BOWLAND PORT CHARLOTTE: Gordon Staley 269-929 (4 games), Donnie Schwartz 267-937 (4), Dave Jodoin 265-967 (4), Daniel Gassera 700; Renae Gross 610.
- TREASURE LANES: John Davis 279-731, Gary Toma 268-760, Dave Cottrill 267-706, Keith Jones 265.
- ENGLEWOOD BOWL: Jayson Taylor 277-773, Wayne Hoyt 269-708, Chris Ziegler 726.
- AMF VENICE LANES: Kurtis Peyton 279-723 and 265, Jim Theakos 168-733, Terry Cline 265; Janet Romig 238-632 and 600.
- SARASOTA LANES: Ron Klazon 279-700, Robert Oden 276, Leroy Wagler 267.
[You may subscribe to Bill Herald's Examiner.com bowling articles -- free of charge -- by clicking on "subscribe" near the top of the column, after which you will receive e-mail notification each time a new item is published.]