Looking for a new job? How about a career change? If so, have you considered working for Tacoma Public Schools? Even if you haven’t thought about a role with Tacoma’s school system, consider attending an upcoming job fair being put on by the school district to learn more about the various employment opportunities. The job fair is being held on August 12 from 10am to 3pm in the commons area as well as the in the computer lab at Gray Middle School, which is located at 6629 South Tyler Street in Tacoma.
Besides a rewarding career teaching our youths, Tacoma Public Schools invites those looking for a rewarding career to explore and learn more about the following positions at their job fair: IT Technician, Tutor, Transportation, Substitute, Custodial, Health Room Assistant, Noon Hour Supervisor, ParaEducator, Nutrition Services, and Security.
If you’re still not sure, consider the great benefits offered by Tacoma School District. Some of the options include eight medical plans, two dental, life insurance, vision coverage, long term disability, an employee assistance program, and retirement plan options.
Wondering about pay and how competitive it may be? Consider some of these approximate salaries of a sample of the different positions, bearing in mind salaries may be dependent on such things as experience, education, years of service, etc.
- Teachers make $39,000 up to almost $79,000 a year.
- Administrative roles pay between $59,000 and $192,000 a year.
- Professional/technical jobs range from $25,000 up to $96,000 a year.
- Transportation, such as bus drivers, range from $16 to $22 an hour.
- Custodian jobs range from $12 up to almost $24 an hour.
- Nutrition services positions range from $10 to almost $18 an hour.
- Paraeducators receive between $12 and almost $22 an hour.
- Security positions make between $16 and $26 an hour.
Think about what kind of an impact you might be able to make while working for the Tacoma School District. To learn more about working for the district as well as how to apply, visit the Tacoma School District website.