Disney/ABC Television Group has the following job opening as a Manager Program Planning in Los Angeles, CA.
The DATG ABC Global Planning, Scheduling & Distribution Department is responsible for facilitating and coordinating global programming and windowing strategies for all ABCEG programs across all platforms, both domestic and international. Reporting to the VP, Program Planning and Scheduling, the Manager will be responsible for a variety of duties including:
• Deliver a compelling schedule of primetime programming to television viewers by partnering with Scripted and Alternative Programming teams to facilitate current program planning, brainstorm creative stunts, and highlight scheduling priorities to network communications/marketing/affiliate relations/sales teams.
• Conduct extensive analysis of program performance from multiple perspectives (research/Nielsen ratings, finance, sales, digital) to propose and improve scheduling tactics.
• Help build long‐term network strategic plans.
• Manage the network pilot screenings process for ABC Entertainment Group
• Develop and support opportunities for multi-platform exploitation of ABC content
• Evaluate distribution strategies, including content windowing and availability across platforms
• Frequently create department multimedia presentations, including program planning initiatives, future programming slates, distribution strategy, informational/101
• Oversee several scheduling reports and grids which track ABC and competitive broadcast and cable programming, inventory, ratings, highlights, and acquisitions
• A minimum of 5 years experience working in a programming/scheduling, and/or related media marketing role or research.
• Prior work in a research department is desirable.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Advanced computer skills in MAC and PC platforms including MicroSoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), and Keynote for MAC.
• Advanced critical thinking abilities to interpret research and evaluate strategies.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to routinely collaborate with key stakeholders and partners across the entire Disney enterprise.
• Creative and strategic thinker to be able to problem-solve and leverage opportunities.
• Self-motivated; comfortable working in a team-oriented environment with frequently changing priorities.
• Degree in related discipline, or equivalent work experience
Requisition ID: 318465
Job Location: Burbank, CA
“The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer”
To apply click this link, http://careers.disneyabc.jobs/Los-Angeles/Other/jobid1613472-Manager-Program-Planning?ss=paid?utm_source=emailalerts&utm_medium=general&utm_campaign=seositeemail
Your comments are welcomed.