Today, following a post by late night comedian Jimmy Fallon, #misheardlyrics are trending on twitter. Hundreds of users have responded, hoping to have their tweet featured on Fallon's show. Once read and mentally “heard” they'll accompany the chorus of your favorite songs, ruining them forever.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Sam Garcia : I think the receptionist in Beaver, PA. wins .... "shooting some *people* outside of the school..."
- Resree : I still sing "wrapped up like a douche, another loner in the night" to Manfred Mann's "Blinded by the Light"
- Cameron Fox : My cousin thought the classic Clapton song went "She's all right, she's all right, she's all right...O.K.!"
- Heather Doles :"I know where you hide bologna in your car"- Maroon 5 She Will Be Loved
- Renee Everhart: "There's a bad moon on the rise." I heard: "There's a bathroom on the right."
- Tate Johnson: "A lotto and a bad o I'm a skeedo and a beetle" Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana
- kayla mandernach: My aunt thought the words to that song "like a G6" were actually "like a cheese stick"
- Justin Hammer: Patti Smith, Because The Night "Come on now, try and understand, the way I feel, I'm the Orkin Man."
- Attention Deficit: Michael Jackson said"Annie, are you OK". I thought he was spelling. I was like "What is N E R U O K!?"
- J. William: Aerosmith's "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)"? I thought the chorus was "Do the Monkey Later" for the longest time
- Mare: My nine year old sister thought lady gaga was saying "Nevermind, nevermind, no you can't breath on my poker face"
- G K : Was so confused by the chorus of We Run the Night "wEEdbrownies yes weed all the night" I was like, OK but you're on acid