When it comes to weight loss, celebrity trainer Jillian Michaels has become famed as the go-to guru. She's taken on the role of tough-as-nails trainer on "The Biggest Loser" and written best-selling diet books such as "Slim for Life: My Insider Secrets to Simple, Fast, and Lasting Weight Loss" (click for details). Now Jillian's serving up the best fat-burning foods and supplements - and we've got the skinny here.
Jillian recommends these fat burners because they're shown to boost metabolism, build lean muscle and accelerate the weight loss process, according to Everyday Health:
- Green tea shrinks fat cells and slims your waistline, according to a new study. Try Yogi Blueberry Slim Life Green Tea.
- Fish oil activates proteins in your body that boost fat-burning mechanisms. Take supplements or eat seafood such as salmon. Our favorite: Bumble Bee Foods Wild Pink Salmon, Skinless & Boneless.
- Pomegranates contain anthocyanins, which halt the growth of fat cells. Try sprinkling on cereal or stir into yogurt: Dried Pomegranate Arils.
- Berries boost fat-blocking abilities in your body.
- Drink water to wash away the bloat, stay hydrated and halt fluid retention.
In addition, Jillian has concocted a cookbook to help you make fat-burning meals: "The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook." And for help with both diet and fitness, click here for information on her book "Making the Cut: The 30-Day Diet and Fitness Plan for the Strongest, Sexiest You."