1. News
  2. Politics
  3. Government

Jill Stein for MA Governor supports marijuana legalization

See also

On the October 30th, "THC, Two Hotheads on Cannabis" show, Jill Stein candidate for Governor of MA expressed her wish to legalize cannabis in MA.

Stein went on to make the point that if every supporter of marijuana legalization in Massachusetts were to vote for her, she could easily win the Governor's race.

"If everybody who wanted marijuana legalization would come out and vote and bring ten friends, we could actually win this election in a four way race."

Speaking on why she supports marijuana legalization, Stein discussed the violence associated with the cannabis trade that only exists because of prohibition.

"As a medical doctor as I became informed, it was really clear for me, it would be unconscionable for me not to want to end the worse public health consequence of illegal drugs which is largely funded by marijuana"

Video: Jill Stein for MA Governor wants to legalize cannabis

Comments

• lumpy the fish 3 years ago

finally.... a candidate for governor says what needs to bes aid: we are wasting time and resources on the drug war. legalize marijuana!

this issue should not even be classified as an issue, too many other serious problems going on. Marijuana is not , I repeat NOT an addictive substance. Tabacco and alcohol are much more dangerouse to the humane population. I cannot understand why the government is not jumping all over this to promote economical growth. I support control yes but illegal no. The stone age is over and our goverment needs to realize that that even if they do not approve it, this is going to go on anyway. Fill up our prisons tax us more to promote ignorence instead of contoling and making money that only drug dealing will profit from.

• Woody89 3 years ago

It's good to hear the one candidate who is a medical doctor saying that marijuana is "dangerous because its illegal - it's not illegal because its dangerous". Stein has my vote.

• Ignaz Semmelweis 3 years ago

Thanks Mike Cann! I'm voting for Jill all the way!

Deval Patrick's refusal to even pass medical marijuana is a form of self-hatred for his own family. His father was famous sax player Pat Patrick who use cannabis for most of his life

• ConservativeChristian 3 years ago

Jesus said, Whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them. (Matthew 7:12).

I know I would not want my child sent to jail with the sexual predators, or my aging parents to have their house confiscated and sold by the police, over a little marijuana.

We can change the world when we vote.

Dangers of illegal maijuana are not drug abuse the dangers are in the hands of drug dealers carrying weapons. Time for the goverment to get their head out of the sand

Related Videos:

• Tribune poll: Karen Lewis and Rahm Emanuel neck-and-neck in 2015 mayoral race
    <div class="video-info" data-id="518319476" data-param-name="playList" data-provider="5min" data-url="http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1304&width=480&height=401&playList=518319476&autoStart=true"></div>
  • Ford back
    <div class="video-info" data-id="518072559" data-param-name="playList" data-provider="5min" data-url="http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1304&width=480&height=401&playList=518072559&autoStart=true"></div>
  • President Obama dummy found hanging from bridge
    <div class="video-info" data-id="517517380" data-param-name="playList" data-provider="5min" data-url="http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1304&width=480&height=401&playList=517517380&autoStart=true"></div>