Dozens of private nude photos were recently leaked online and more than one hundred entertainers were affected by the leak. "Hunger Games" actress Jennifer Lawrence and Sports Illustrated model Kate Upton are just two of the many women who have been identified through nude photos floating around the web. As of Sept 3, R&B soul singer Jill Scott was added to that number. According to EUR WEB, who released a report on Thursday Sept 4 that two nude snaps, allegedly of Scott, began making the rounds on Twitter Wednesday night,
The scandal, which CBS News refers to as "one of the biggest celebrity hackings," all began when a cloud-based Internet data storage system which was compromised and several pictures were allegedly taken specifically targeting celebrities. Photos that were taken using an iPhone through a host site called Github were hacked and officials are not certain if this was the only method of retrieving the private photos.
Many of the celebrities effected have taken it upon themselves to address the leaked photos and either confirm or deny in the images are in fact valid. Nickelodeon star and singer, Victoria Justice, was among the list of leaked photos. According to CBS News, Justice took to Twitter and wrote, "These so called nudes of me are FAKE people." However, " Ms. Jilly from Philly" took a different approach and actually admitted that the photos were in fact REAL (well, at least one them."
According to EUR WEB Jill tweeted: “I def took the 1st pic w/ a robe; weight loss chronicle but the 2nd, sorry freaks, is not me. I wish I had that space between my thighs.”
Although the first tweet was a light and even humorous response to something so negative, the next set of tweets were a little more serious and revealed Scott's take of the violation of her privacy.
1) How quickly they forget (smh). I did nothing wrong & nothing that was YOUR snake concern. My photo was hacked; my PRIVACY INVADED.
2) I will not be bowed. I have earned every inch of my life. What u see, you can not touch & if it's not ❤️ & understanding-
3) you are not a part of my village therefore making your attempt to harm me null. I'm not even delayed. Shame for spreading. Shame 4 adding
4) I love and appreciate my body. My style has always been graceful. Love Village I see you & feel you too. Thank you for being beautifully
5) human. Thank you for empathy. Thank you for KNOWING better. Thank you for speaking up. Breathe.
Even as a trending topic, and exposed for the world to see- Jill Scott handles herself with grace.