Octavia Spencer, who won Best Supporting Actress for her Performance in The Help at last year's Oscar, looked gorgeous at the 85th Annual Academy Awards last night. She wore a Tadashi gown that resembled an angelic ballerina. Jill Crosby wanted Octavia to look youthful and soft to complement the dress, she added the bang to soften the look, and ventilated a hair piece for her that was color blended and matched her hair.
You too, can achieve Octavia's high top knot, ballerina inspired hairdo by using the T3 hair styling tools that Jill used. Below are step by step instructions on Jill's how-to's for Octavia's Oscar hairdo:
- Start by smoothing hair with The T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer and AntriGravity Barrel Brush. To help this process, set hair in T3 Voluminous Hot Rollers.
- Once hair is smoothed, put up into a high pony tail – curl pony tail with T3 SinglePass Twirl Curling Iron.
- Add full hair extension piece to the pony tail. The piece has been pre-curled. To prepare extensions, take large sections of hair and wrap around barrel of the T3 SinglePass Twirl in a corkscrew style to create big loose waves.
- Once hair piece is pinned in, work pony tail into a wavy chignon. Use a 2.5” straight pin to pin it back. EXPERT TIP: “Don’t be too gentle when making the chignon, don’t try and make it too perfect or it goes ‘prom-ish’, let there be some natural texture to it, and don’t make it too pristine.” – Jill Crosby
- Install custom-made bang piece (ventilated by Jill Crosby) to keep look soft
- T3 Voluminous Hot Rollers, $99
- T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer, $250
- T3 Anti-Gravity 2.5” Barrel Brush, $25
- T3 SinglePass Twirl Curling Iron, $99