Crank up your oven for National Peanut Butter Cookie Day with this irresistible peanut butter recipe. In honor of the upcoming holiday on June 12, Jif Peanut Butter is sharing this unbelievable cookie recipe with peanut butter lovers everywhere. You don't have to wait until National Peanut Butter Cookie Day to enjoy these cookies. Bake a batch today. Jif is sure they'll become your favorite go-to peanut butter cookies!
Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 375°F. Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add egg. Beat just until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls two inches apart onto greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly in a crisscross pattern with tines of fork.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time for 7 to 8 minutes, or until cookies are set and just beginning to brown. Cool two minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to cooling racks to cool completely.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of JIF and The J.M. Smucker Company
For more twists on the classic peanut butter cookie and other recipes, visit http://www.jif.com and visit Jif on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/Jif), Twitter (https://twitter.com/jif) and Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/jifpeanutbutter/).