Shabak AZA of BBYO’s Great Midwest Region in Northbrook, recently completed a Lox Box Fundraiser. On May 18, local teen members sold boxes of orange juice, bagels and cream cheese, cookies and other items bought from local businesses, to which all of the proceeds were donated to Susan G. Komen® of Chicago. The chapter donated $800 as part of BBYO’s service, advocacy, and philanthropy campaign.
Shabak AZA covers the suburbs of Northbrook, Deerfield, Highland Park, Glenview, Arlington Heights and Lake Forest. As part of this organization, Jewish males in high school have access to several service events like this, leadership development programs, social events and Jewish experiences in a way that is fun and meaningful to them.
For information on joining Shabak AZA, please email Kevin Friduss at KevinFriduss@gmail.com.
BBYO is the leading pluralistic Jewish teen movement aspiring to involve more Jewish teens in more meaningful Jewish experiences. For 90 years, BBYO‘s leadership programs the Aleph Zadik Aleph (AZA, high school fraternity) and the B’nai B’rith Girls (BBG, high school sorority) have been providing exceptional leadership programs and identity enrichment experiences, shaping the confidence and character of more than 400,000 alumni who are among the most prominent figures in business, politics, academia, the arts and Jewish communal life. Now, BBYO’s network of Jewish teens, alumni, parents, volunteers and philanthropists serves as the Jewish community’s most valuable platform for delivering to the post Bar/Bat Mitzvah audience fun, meaningful and affordable experiences. With year-round activities in hundreds of local communities and inspiring world-wide travel experiences, BBYO’s broad program menu enables teens to explore areas of leadership, service, civic engagement, Israel education and Jewish values.
For more information on BBYO, please visit www.bbyo.org.
About Susan G. Komen® - Chicago
Susan G. Komen® - Chicago was established in 1997 and holds two Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® events annually in Chicago and Lombard. Komen Chicago has awarded nearly $15 million towards the fight against breast cancer by funding grassroots breast health navigation, breast cancer screening and treatment projects, as well as global research. In 2014, Komen Chicago awarded $1.3 million to 17 grantees, who provide services and innovative programs to local communities in need. 75 percent of net proceeds generated by Komen Chicago stay in the Chicagoland area, while the remaining 25 percent supports the Susan G. Komen® Grants Program for research, with many grants at local Chicago institutions. For more information please call 773-444-0061 or visit www.komenchicago.org.