The Oscars are always a good time for celebrities to sport some serious blingage, and this year's Academy Awards were no exception. Last week, the stars showed off their best jewels on the red carpet. Since we've got an eye for glitz and glam, we highlighted the best jewelry this year's Oscar attendees had to offer:
- Jennifer Garner definitely had heads turning at both her plum toned gown and her elaborate Neil Lane necklace. Garner's gown, designed by Gucci, was a pop of color in a sea of pale tones and black hues. Although I wasn't a fan of her gown, which had a bit too much foo-foo in the back, her necklace was definitely stunning. The diamond necklace itself is estimated to be worth $2.5 million and is set in platinum.
- Reese Witherspoon's outfit was designed entirely by Louis Vuitton, down to her sparking floral diamond bracelet. The outfit met final approval by Witherspoon's daughter, Ava, who assisted Witherspoon in coordinating the ensemble.
- Jennifer Aniston received mixed reviews by most fashion critics, but I really admired her candy apple Valentino gown and her carefully selected Fred Leighton jewelry. However, many of the critics who rated Aniston on their "Worst" lists were mostly upset about her hairstyle, or lack thereof.
- Samantha Barks wore one of the most beautiful necklaces on the red carpet, a multi-strand House of Waris pendant by Forevermark called "Light Emanating from the Heart." The necklace featured a 14.67 carat oval Forevermark diamond accented by yellow gold. Barks' necklace definitely topped many Oscar viewers' favorites lists.
- One of my personal favorites from the Oscars was the jewelry ensemble worn by Fan Bing Bing. Her Choppard bracelet beautifully accented her magenta gown as well as her pink sapphire and diamond earrings. Bing Bing's earrings were floral stones accented with pear shaped rubellites set in rose gold.
- Of course, we have to mention too cute nine year old Best Actress Nominee Quvenzhane Wallis, who also wore a pair of cluster drop earrings by Forevermark. Wallis also carried her pooch clutch tote, which has become a staple of her red carpet accessories.