Jessica Simpson credits her rapid weight loss after the birth of her second baby to daily walking, gym workouts, and a portion-controlled Weight Watchers diet.
"Working out and being active overall makes me a happier person to be around," said Simpson, who's a rep for Weight Watchers. "I let out so much more anxiety if I go out and walk.”
Jessica walks 8,000 to 10,000 steps a day (about 4-5 miles), works out with a trainer three days a week doing cardio exercise and strength-training, and eats small meals throughout the day to curb hunger.
Simpson's diet reportedly features five low-calorie mini-meals a day comprised of lean proteins, non-fat dairy, and plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
A typical daily menu looks like this:
- Breakfast: Green smoothie consisting of grapes, pears, avocado, spinach, lime juice and yogurt.
- Mid-morning snack: Turkey with apple slices.
- Lunch: “Brown smoothie” made with expresso, Stevia, whey protein powder and chia seed powder.
- Afternoon snack: Celery with a tablespoon of peanut butter.
- Dinner: Grilled steak and spinach salad with extra-virgin olive oil dressing.
Jessica didn't disclose how much weight she has lost or what her current weight is, but said she gained less weight during her second pregnancy than the first time. Fitness experts estimate she has lost about 50 pounds since giving birth to son Ace in June 2013.
Simpson, who's preparing for her upcoming wedding to fiance Eric Johnson, said her goal isn't to be super-skinny, but just the best version of herself. "I want to be a great mom and a great example to my kids," she said.