With wedding or other special event this season, and whether they are getting ready in a hotel room or at their home, Jenny Balding, Cutler/Redken Stylist, provides easy, DIY hair styles that you can recreate for any wedding or big events!
Disheveled Halo Braid
This is the perfect way to have style your hair if your attending a wedding in the heat of summer. You never have to worry about it all day and night! This would look best on an open neckline e.g strapless or thin like straps.
- Create a middle part and split the hair into two sections
- Braid each section starting just behind the chair
- Bring one braid over the top and secure with hair pin behind ear
- Use the hair hair pin like an anchor and twist it back on itself. This is the perfect to disguise and secure your halo braid.
- Then secure through the top sections if necessary with a couple of hair pins
- Repeat on other side
Sleek Center Braid
This is perfect for summer wedding as it keeps your hair off your face but still allows you to wear your hair down and works with any neckline!
- Blow dry very straight by using a smoothing, straightening lotion
- Section a mohawk section of 2" width coming into a point at the nape
- Use a dry shampoo on this section to create texture and grip to the hair
- Reverse braid from the hairline right down to the nape and secure with small band
- If necessary, finish by using straightening irons to the loose hair to create a sleek, polished feel.
Jenny also suggests the following to make your hair easy breezy;
- Turn heads with the deep side part whether it’s sleek and smooth or casually disheveled and side-swept, the deep part looks effortlessly chic, perfect for loose chignons or low ponytails this spring season.
- Short hair is more popular than ever, especially as we enter Spring. With a new spin on classics like the pixie and bob: the grown-out pixie is super hot, as seen on stars like Michelle Williams and Jennifer Lawrence, as well as the textured bob, looking fabulous on Karlie Kloss. The revamped pixie and bob exude style now to a different level. It's all about the textured finish.
These are really easy to recreate but if you have time and want something done professionally make an appointment with Jenny Balding at Cutler Salon 47 W 57th St #2 (2nd floor) New York, NY 10019