Johnson County Community College (JCCC) invites the community to campus April 20, 2013 for Free College Day - an afternoon of free classes and fun. Enjoy free classes in business, technology, cooking, sustainability, crafts and more!
- Classes begin at 1, 2 and 3 p.m., and last for 45 minutes.
Free College Day provides JCCC, based in Overland Park, KS, with a way to give back to the community and to bring new people to college's campus. JCCC faculty and staff voluntarily offer the public free classes as a way to say thank you to the community.
Although classes are free, you must register online before April 20. For a class list and to register visit the JCCC website.
Over the years, JCCC has continued to expand its student enrollment, instructional program, faculty and staff, and physical facilities to meet the needs of the community.
- Today, more than 20,000 credit students and about 15,000 continuing education students enroll at JCCC each semester.
- Full-time faculty and staff number approximately 1,000, with another 1,700 people working part time.
- A full range of undergraduate credit courses is available, forming the first two years of most college curricula.
- In addition, more than 50 one- and two-year career and certificate programs are offered to prepare students to enter the job market in high employment fields.
JCCC is the Kansas' largest institution of higher education and a board member of the League for Innovation in the Community College.