The NBA All-Star Game is approaching us once again. This year’s event will be held at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. The buzz surrounding this event has started to stir up a lot of attention. The franchise 2K Sports has already began preparations with the new installment of NBA 2K13 All-Star Weekend DLC. This new installment is now available on Xbox 360 Live Marketplace and PlayStation Network.
Who says adding good music to a sports video game doesn’t make a difference? Since 2K Sports Vice-President of Marketing, Jason Argent brought the superstar rap artist and business mogul Jay-Z on board as Executive Producer, the franchise has experienced a huge jump in sale profits. Of-course this is what Argent was banking on from the beginning. Excellent move.
Jay-Z has brought along with him a unique vision with a worldwide audience, who has started to make the connection. NBA 2K13 has never experienced this type of increase in sale profits during the opening of any installment—in the history of the franchise. 2K Sports are hoping this huge success spills right over into this new installment of NBA 2K13 All-Star Weekend DLC.
The team of celebrities Jay-Z has put together and orchestrated for the 24-song soundtrack are all Grammy-Award winning material. A fan favorite among that group is the young pop music artist Justin Bieber, who is also featured in the game. He is known by many as the “twitter king.” He brings with him a Twitter following in the neighborhood of 30 million and counting. Bieber’s twitter fans are usually on standby waiting for his next tweet. All he has to do is, pull out his phone and touch the keyboard.
Superstar rapper Kanye West, U2 and Coldplay is also on the team. There are rumors that Jay-Z is in talks with former NBA star Charles Barkley in regards to adding him to the All-Star Dream Team. There is no doubt—by allowing Jay-Z to exercise his vision and be the curator of the 24-song soundtrack, 2K Sports will only continue to reap big profits from making that move.
Here are the artists and songs now affiliated with the game:
- Coldplay - "Viva La Vida"
- Daft Punk - "Around the World (Radio Edit)"
- The Dirty Projectors - "Stillness is the Move"
- Eric B. and Rakim - "I Ain't No Joke"
- Jay-Z - "The Bounce"
- Jay-Z - "H.A.M. (Instrumental)
- Jay-Z - "On To The Next One"
- Jay-Z - "Public Service Announcement"
- Jay-Z - "Pump it Up (Freestyle)"
- Jay-Z - "Run this Town"
- Kanye West - "Amazing"
- Kanye West - "Mercy (featuring Big Sean, Pusha T, and 2 Chainz)"
- Kanye West - "We Major (featuring Nas & Really Doe)
- Meek Mill - "Ima Boss - Instrumental"
- Mobb Deep - "Shook Ones, Pt. II"
- The Hours - "Ali in the Jungle"
- Justice - "Stress"
- Nas - "The World is Yours"
- Phoenix - "1901"
- Puff Daddy and the Family - "Victory (featuring Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes)
- Roy Ayers - "We Live in Brooklyn, Baby"
- Santigold - "Shove It (featuring Spank Rock"
- Too Short - "Blow the Whistle (Main)"
- U2 - "Elevation"