Former Hollywood Hills neighbor, talk show sensation and avid car enthusiast, Jay Leno will be leading the way, along with Drake Bell, at the third annual Downtown Burbank Car Classic this Saturday, July 26, from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. When Leno lived nearby us he was always outside his home tinkering with cars and motorcycles. Since he moved away we often spot him driving one of his ‘classy’ cars along Mulholland Drive (while we’re en route to our Runyon Canyon hike) and he always smiles and gives us a big wave.
So I guess we’ll have to go see him in Burbank, especially since he be receiving the Lifetime Achievement Award. The car expo will include celebrity vehicles from film and television, along with a display of legendary cars from the Warner Bros. VIP Studio Tour, Petersen Automotive Museum, The Television Motion Picture Car Club, and The World Famous West Coast Customs. Additional blocks will feature 200 restored and pre-1974 vehicles, exotics, and hot rods. The Downtown Burbank Car Classic is free and open to the public.
Notable autos include:
- The Batmobile from the 1997 movie “Batman & Robin” starring George Clooney. Courtesy of Warner Bros. VIP Studio Tour.
- A 1966 Chrysler Imperial “Black Beauty,” driven in the “Green Hornet” TV series from 1966-67. Customized by Dean Jeffries, courtesy of The Margie and Robert E. Petersen Collection.
- A 2002 Jaguar XKR driven in the 2002 movie “Die Another Day.” Courtesy of the Petersen Automotive Museum, and is a gift of the Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust.
- A 1965 Lincoln Continental Convertible from the HBO hit “Entourage”
- A Volkswagen Beetle from the film “Herbie: Fully Loaded”
To keep you entertained, The Seen will perform from 7:30 to 9 p.m. If you’re unfamiliar with the group, The Seen is a four-piece rock powerhouse consisting of Los Angeles musicians Clark Souter (John Waite, Kimberly Locke, Kristine W), Yogi Lonich (Chris Cornell, Wallflowers, Fuel), Scott Bennett (Brian Wilson, Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton) and Ty Dennis (The Doors, The Motels). The band will provide a big range of high-voltage rock and roll classics. Drake Bell will join The Seen for four songs. Bell just released his third album, Ready, Steady, Go!, which debuted on the Billboard 200, and sold thousands of copies in its first week of release.
The Downtown Burbank Car Classic takes place on San Fernando Boulevard from Burbank Town Center to the Holiday Inn. The Red Carpet Expo will be located on San Fernando Boulevard from Angeleno Avenue to Olive Avenue, with the Main Stage at San Fernando Boulevard and Orange Grove Avenue. For more information please visit www.downtownburbankcarclassic.com.