I am reporting from my mini suite aboard the 109,000-ton, 2,600-passenger Golden Princess en route to Hawaii. It’s about the soon to debut jaw-dropping Royal Princess, which will outnumber the Golden’s capacity by 1,000 extra bodies and provide even more ultimate pleasures for them. The next generation of over-the-top seagoing vessels, Royal Princess will offer a range of lively options for passengers aboard Princess Cruises newest vessel. When the ship debuts in June, cruisers can enjoy four new production shows in the Princess Theater, try their luck in the casino, and dance for hours in the new Club 6.
See theRoyal’s features showcased in the latest Royal Princess preview video, available at princess.com/royalprincess. “Royal Princess will feature the widest variety of entertainment we have ever offered at sea,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises executive vice president. “No matter how passengers like to spend their evenings at sea, we’ll have an exceptional array of options to keep passengers entertained.”
Among the entertainment features of Royal Princess are:
- Club 6 – Royal Princess’ energetic new dance club, conveniently located on Deck 6 near the Atrium, Club 6 offers a vibrant space with an intimate atmosphere and contemporary decor. Passengers can grab a cocktail and dance to their favorite hits. The resident DJ keeps the party going whether passengers just want to people-watch or get up and move to the beat.
- Production Shows – With high-definition screens and a brand new lighting system to enhance each show, the Princess Theater will offer a larger and more spectacular space for the line’s original production shows and entertainers. Four new productions will debut aboard Royal Princess, including “Colors of the World,” an experiential journey through the destinations visited by Princess ships; “Spectacular!” a musical revue extravaganza; “Sweet Soul Music,” an upbeat tribute to Rhythm and Blues; and “What the World Needs Now,” a timeless, elegant show celebrating the music and style of the ‘60s.
- Vista Lounge – A more intimate entertainment setting, the Vista Lounge will host a variety of top-notch entertainers each night, from live bands to comedians and illusionists, plus themed parties and special events.
- Casino – The Princess Casino aboard Royal Princess will feature the latest new slots and table games. Passengers can indulge in their favorite games of chance, from blackjack to Texas Hold’em and roulette, or participate in the excitement of slot tournaments. Standing at the heart of the casino is a stunning spiral staircase which leads up to Deck 7 and the onboard boutiques, while an adjacent bar makes it easy to pop in for drinks between games.
- Water & Light Show – Dazzling new water and light shows bring intrigue, beauty and excitement to the top deck pools with fountains that shoot plumes of water to delight and amaze all members of the family. Royal Princess also boasts a second-level stage above the pool area where live bands will play during unforgettable evening parties.
- Crooners – The resident entertainer in Crooners will keep the crowds singing along while passengers try to choose their favorite from the bar’s famous selection of more than 50 martini varieties.
- Bellini’s – The new Bellini’s bar offers a prime location for watching the action in the Piazza below. This hotspot serves up a variety of Bellini-inspired drinks, including the new signature “Royal Bellini.”
- Movies Under the Stars – Naturally Princess’ signature poolside theater will have a variety of movies and concert playing on the big screen. Featuring the largest Movies Under the Stars screen yet, Royal Princess offers passengers a great view while they relax on a comfortable lounger snuggled under a cozy fleece blanket and snack on complimentary fresh-popped popcorn or delicious cookies and milk.
Among the special features found on board will be a greatly expanded atrium, the social hub of the ship; a dramatic over-water SeaWalk, a top-deck glass-bottomed walkway extending more than 28 feet beyond the edge of the vessel; plush private poolside cabanas that appear to be floating on the water; the new Princess Live! television studio; a pastry shop; a special Chef’s Table Lumiere, a private dining experience that surrounds diners in a curtain of light; and balconies on all outside staterooms. The ship’s 2013 maiden season will include cruises on the line’s signature Grand Mediterranean itinerary throughout the summer, followed by Eastern Caribbean cruises beginning in the fall. More information and video previews of the ship are available at www.princess.com/royalprincess.
Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel agent, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS, or by visiting the company's website at www.princess.com.