From executive producer Steven Spielberg comes NBC’s Golden Globe-nominated musical drama television series Smash: Season One created by Theresa Rebeck. Awarded a Primetime Emmy for best choreography, it is filled with fantastic musical performances and stunning production numbers. It features an ensemble cast led by Emmy Award winner Debra Messing, Academy Award winner Anjelica Huston, Megan Hilty, Jack Davenport, Tony Award winner Christian Borle and Katharine McPhee from “American Idol.” Guest stars include Uma Thurman, Broadway legend Bernadette Peters and pop sensation Nick Jonas.
Broadway songwriter and composer team Julia and Tom have come up with the new Broadway musical "Bombshell" based on the iconic Marilyn Monroe. With producer Eileen Rand and brilliant director/choreographer Derek Wills on board, all they now need is a star to play the role of a lifetime. Talented newcomer Karen Cartwright wants her chance in the limelight, but seasoned theater veteran Ivy Lynn is equally determined to win the role and realize her own dreams of fame. As the two compete, things are complicated by Ivy’s romantic involvement with Derek and the lack of interest from investors. Eventually neither lady gets the leading role and film star Rebecca Duvall is brought in. Hindered by her lack of theater experience and musical ability, "Bombshell" seems destined to fail until an accident (perhaps deliberate) grants one starlet her big break.
DVD special features include a gag reel, deleted and extended scenes and two featurettes. “A Dream Come True” takes an in-depth look at the amazing cast and discovers why Smash is truly a "triple threat." “Song & Dance” goes behind the scenes with composers Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman to take a look at how the original music is created for the show, and see choreographer Joshua Bergasse put the cast and dancers through their paces as both song and dance come to life.
Smash: Season Two premieres on NBC on Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 9/8c with a two-hour event.
View video: Smash: Season One Trailer
- “Pilot” - The hit-making Broadway writing team of Julia Houston and Tom Levitt unites with producer Eileen Rand to create a new musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe, and seasoned chorus girl Ivy Lynn vies with newcomer Karen Cartwright for the dream role.
- “The Callback” - Ivy and Karen jump through hoops for the brilliant but temperamental director Derek Wills as they pursue the role of a lifetime. Meanwhile, Julia and her husband Frank, are frustrated by the red tape of an international adoption process, and Eileen fights to finance her new musical in the midst of an acrimonious divorce.
- “Enter Mr. DiMaggio” - The search begins for a Joe DiMaggio to play opposite Marilyn - but everyone's first choice, Michael, has a secret. Karen returns to Iowa for a baby shower and must decide what she wants for her future. Eileen begins rounding up investors - but ex-husband Jerry may already have poisoned the well.
- “The Cost of Art” - Karen must learn to advance in the high-stakes world of Broadway, as Derek hosts a party for hot young star Lyle. Eileen tries a sly new strategy for raising funds, while Tom goes on a first date.
- “Let’s Be Bad” - Karen finds a new use for her acting talents as she joins Dev at a high-powered government party. The drama between Michael and Julia heats up, as Eileen and Tom's ambitious assistant Ellis forge an alliance. Ivy senses trouble in her relationship with Derek.
- “Chemistry” - Ivy faces major problems as her voice begins to fail her. Julia struggles to avoid Michael - but she can't. Eileen explores her inner hipster at a downtown dive bar with her new pal Ellis, while Karen is an even bigger fish out of water, as she books a side gig at a bar mitzvah on Long Island.
- “The Workshop” - Everything comes to a head as Eileen, Derek and the team present "Marilyn The Musical" to would-be investors. Ivy is under pressure to perform, while her mother, Broadway star Leigh Conroy, undermines her at every turn. Karen must decide between the workshop and a meeting with a big-time music producer. Julia and Michael must face up to the consequences of their actions.
- “The Coup” - The team deals with the aftermath of the workshop. Ivy remains in the dark about her fate, while Derek recruits Karen to help him steal the musical from Tom and Julia. Eileen must face up to her ex-husband, Jerry, when their daughter Katie pays a surprise visit from India.
- “Hell On Earth” - The team begins their pursuit of a marquee star, as Eileen charges Tom and Julia with finding a title for the newly reinvigorated musical. Karen and Ivy find themselves in competition again -- this time for an orange juice commercial. Relationship troubles abound, as Frank makes an unwelcome discovery.
- “Understudy” - The show has landed a star, the mercurial Rebecca Duvall, but Eileen is thrown into a panic when Rebecca gets stuck in Cuba. Derek puts Karen in as understudy, but she must learn to perform under extreme pressure as he threatens to break her will. Tom and Julia celebrate their anniversary with a ritual - and face some hard truths about what show business can do to relationships.
- “The Movie Star” - "Bombshell" is turned upside-down by the arrival of movie star Rebecca Duvall. Karen and Ivy are drawn into an uneasy alliance against their new rival -- but can they overcome their history? The romance between Tom and Sam heats up, while Julia and Frank must put aside their differences to address a family crisis. Dev faces a big decision.
- “Publicity” - Karen finds herself seduced by the glamorous life of new BFF Rebecca Duvall -- but can Rebecca be trusted? What will Karen's ascent mean to her relationship with Dev? And will Rebecca drive Derek insane? Eileen introduces new beau Nick to ex-husband Jerry, while Julia panics when her son Leo goes missing.
- “Tech” - Ivy faces trouble as Derek finds himself drawn ever closer to Rebecca Duvall, while Karen reaches a turning point -- she must choose between Dev and the show. Eileen faces off against Julia over the possible return of Michael Swift.
- “Previews” - "Bombshell" faces its first audience just as a major crisis hits Rebecca Duvall. The team of Tom and Julia scramble to fix the show when the first preview falls short, and Frank must adjust to the unwelcome return of Michael Swift to his life. Dev seeks reconciliation with Karen, but explosive information about Ivy lurks just beneath the surface.
- “Bombshell” - The big night is finally here. Tom and Julia race against time to save the show, while Derek makes a decision that will change the lives of Karen and Ivy forever. Ellis reveals his true colors. But when he finally makes his move to save "Bombshell," will it be for or against Eileen? In the midst of it all, another bombshell goes off - this one is in Karen and Dev's relationship.
- Debra Messing as Julia Houston
- Jack Davenport as Derek Wills
- Katharine McPhee as Karen Cartwright
- Christian Borle as Tom Levitt
- Megan Hilty as Ivy Lynn
- Anjelica Huston as Eileen Rand
- Leslie Odom, Jr. as Sam Strickland
- Jaime Cepero as Ellis Boyd
- Raza Jaffrey as Dev Sundaram
- Brian d'Arcy James as Frank Houston
- Ann Harada as Linda
- Becky Ann Baker as Karen's mother
- Dylan Baker as Roger Cartwright
- Michael Cristofer as Jerry Rand
- Emory Cohen as Leo Houston
- Wesley Taylor as Bobby
- Phillip Spaeth as Dennis
- Savannah Wise as Jessica
- Jenny Laroche as Sue
- Thorsten Kaye as Nick Felder
- Neal Bledsoe as John Goodwin
- Will Chase as Michael Swift
- Michelle Federer as Monica Swift
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Gag Reel
- A Dream Come True: Take an in-depth look at the amazing cast and discover why Smash is truly a "triple threat!"
- Song & Dance: Go behind the scenes with composers Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman as we take a look at how the original music is created for the show, and see choreographer Joshua Bergasse put the cast and dancers through their paces as both song and dance come to life!
- Target - Smash: Season One DVD with over 20 minutes of bonus content and "Touch Me" music video.
Target exclusive DVD - $26.99
- Best Buy: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- BJ's Wholesale Club: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Blockbuster: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- FYE: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Kmart: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Toys 'R' Us: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Target: New York City locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Walmart: Long Island locations or use the store locator for other areas.
- Amazon.com charges sales tax for all New York shipping addresses.