This Examiner has been on a real peanut butter kick lately and as most of you are aware, peanut butter is naturally gluten-free. What a pleasant surprise it was to find out that January 24th is National Peanut Butter Day.
Here are 5 popular gluten-free recipes and products on the market:
1. KIND Healthy Snacks Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate + Protein Bar: These bars are just the right mix of an antioxidant dark chocolate and mixed nuts, including peanuts. They also have 7g of protein, which increases satiety, and strengthens bones, muscles and skin. They are made from all natural ingredients that are also non-GMO and have no trans fats and are low in sodium. If you wouldn't know any better, you would swear you were eating a candy bar!
2. KIND Healthy Snacks Peanut Butter & Strawberry Bar: This bar is great for those who want a bar that tastes like a PB&J sandwich and don't have the time or ingredients to make one! This bar also has 7g of protein, all natural, non-GMO ingredients and is dairy and cholesterol free, with 4g of fiber.
3. KIND Healthy Grains Peanut Butter Whole Grain Clusters - These peanut clusters taste like peanut butter but are made from whole grains: amaranth, quinoa, millet, oats and buckwheat. The ingredients are all natural, no refined sugars, non GMO, no trans fats, cholesterol free and low in sodium.
4. Gluten Free Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies - For those looking to indulge in an occasional treat, this is a great recipe using Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Brownie Mix. Please click on title to be connected to the recipe.
5. Peanut Butter Snack Suggestions - Use as a dip for celery sticks or green apple slices. Make a "sandwich" using 2 cored slices of apple with peanut butter in between. Spread some peanut butter and chopped nuts over a banana and freeze (you can use a popsicle stick to make it a healthy popsicle alternative).