Mike Janosik blasted a 299 game en route to an 816 series at Bowland Port Charlotte, and that represents the headline performance in this weekend's Examiner.com report of high scores in the Sarasota-Manatee-Charlotte County area.
The 22-year-old Port Charlotte righthander, competing in the four-game Wednesday Men's Trio League, pounded out his 816 series on games of 258, 259 and 299, before finishing with 213 and a four-game total of 1,029.
His bid for perfection in Game 3 was thwarted by a final-ball 4-pin, and his latest scoring onslaught lifted his average to 232.
Also in the Wednesday Men's Trio League, Donnie Schwartz finished his final game with 11 consecutive strikes for a score of 290. It followed games of 224, 201 and 226, resulting in a four-game 941 that left him with a 207 average.
Three area league bowlers strung 11 strikes in a row in a single game to finish with scores in the 280s. Kenneth Jones pounded out a 288 game to cap a 664 series in the Kays-Ponger-Uselton Friendly Fours League at Treasure Lanes, Van Hinson rolled a 286 game in the middle of a 697 series in the Cook Spring Invitational League at Sarasota Lanes, and Brennan Mickley had a 285 game in the middle of a 698 set in the Monday Men's League at Treasure Lanes.
In other high-scoring accomplishments, as reported from area bowling establishments:
- TREASURE LANES: Glen Lawrence III 278, William Noland 266-714, D.J. June 719, John Davis 710, Kenneth Jones 710, Gary Toma 704, Mark Batties 703; Jennifer Peacock 244-649 and 626, Chris Kirk 227, Renae Gross 629, Jill Harper 618.
- BOWLAND PORT CHARLOTTE: James Creutz 279 and 761, Jim Ulrich 268-974 (4 games), Darryl Chamberlin 267-921 (4), Andrew Janosik 268, Paul Giles 267, Billy Seymour 923 (4); Rosie Gassera 238, Amy Updike 600.
- SARASOTA LANES: Richard McLaughlin Jr. 278, Manuel Fontanot 715, Lysander Earl 710, Dave Grether 704.
- ENGLEWOOD BOWL: John Stempien 711.
- AMF BRADENTON LANES: Shane Earnest 279-738.
[You may subscribe to Bill Herald's bowling columns -- free of charge -- by clicking on "subscribe" near the top of the column, after which you will receive e-mail notification each time a new item is published.]