This summer, thousands of people tried out in front of America’s Got Talent (AGT) judges Howard Stern, Heidi Klum, Mel B and Howie Mandel for a chance to perform at Radio City Music Hall.
Now, we are down to the Final Six acts!
Here is how I rated the Final Six and what each act needs to do to win this show:
1. Kenichi Ebina: The Tokyo Dance Master has been a frontrunner to win the $1,000,000 prize since his amazing audition three months ago! Since his arrival at Radio City Music Hall, he transported the audience inside of a video game and to heaven. In order to win the $1,000,000, Kenchi needs to pull elements from his previous performances and merge them with a brand new concept that will hopefully blow our minds.
2. Forte: Before Vegas, the opera group lost a founding member but gained a powerful new voice that sent them through to the Live Shows. Every single one of their performances leading up to the finale showcased their powerful harmonies and beautiful vocal ranges. I hope that Forte performs a song like “Somewhere” or revisit “The Prayer” because it will guarantee them a spot in the Top Two.
3. Taylor Williamson: I am so happy that Taylor made it into the finale! He has an incredible character and superb stage presence that makes audiences laugh. In addition, another factor that has helped Taylor so far is that he has finally won over his toughest critic: Heidi Klum! Hopefully, Taylor can harness this momentum and perform a final set that will make everyone laugh so hard…. they will pee in their pants.
4. Cami Bradley: There has been one contestant that has grown on me during this competition and that is Cami Bradley. While Forte has powerful vocals, what makes Cami a star is that she showcases eloquence in her performances. Her show stopping covers of “Believe” and “Livin’ On A Prayer” has made her a dark horse in this competition. The last time, I have seen a dark horse win this competition was in 2011 where Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr. edged out iLuminate and the Silhouettes to win the $1,000,000 prize.
5. Collins Key: For the first time since quick-change act David and Dania performed in the first season finale of AGT, we have a magician and illusionist in the finale. Collins Key has continued to grow as a performer and his tricks have gotten so much better. I hope that Collins has considered the advice Howard gave him and make his routine go faster. Also, he needs to go and look back at the earlier stages of the competition (Audition, Vegas and Top 60) because I think it will inspire him to pull out all the stops to win.
6. Jimmy Rose: While I respect the Kentucky native for serving our country, I honestly think that HE SHOULD NOT HAVE ADVANCED! He has only performed two quality performances this season: “Coal Keeps the Lights On” and “Heaven.” After those two performances, his nerves got to the better of him and he went downhill. If he wins, it will be like Kevin Skinner all over again! So America…if you want to see TRUE talent to win…DO NOT VOTE FOR JIMMY ROSE!
Who are you rooting for to win this year?