Welcome to the November 2013 edition of our monthly list of restaurant events in the Jacksonville area. Events this month a wine tasting at Terra, deals on drinks at Wine Cellar, music and happy hour events at Ocean 60, and last chance for sorbet 'ritas at Cantina Laredo. Here's what we know so far:
Event #1: Wine Tasting @ Terra (Monday, 11/4/13 from 5:30pm-7pm with apertifs from 5:30-6pm and wine tasting from 6-7pm): Terra patrons can enjoy the following wines at the event:
- Hidden Crush 2012 Chardonnay/Hidden Crush 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon: Winemaker Rick Boyer spearheads this selection and is the Director of Winemaking for Robert Mondavi Private Selection. He has over 30 years in the winemaking industry. He graduated from UC-Davis and attended the Stanford School of Business.
- Paso Creek 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Nottage Hill 2010 Pinot Noir
- Saved 2011 Red Blend: From winemaker Clay Brock who grew up in Napa Valley with his dad who worked as a vineyard manager. Clay has been involved in the wine industry since 1985 and is the Director of Winemaking at Wild Horse Winery & Vineyards. He gradudated from Cal Poly and worked at Edna Valley Vinyard, Bryon Vineyards and Zaca Mesa before joining up with Wild Horse.
4 of the wines can only be purchased on Terra. The event is limited to 40 guests and those wishing to stay for dinner will only pay $5 for the wine tasting. If not, the wine tasting costs $10. Also, don't forget that every Thursday, Terra hosts Jazz on the Patio featuring Wine Light Tom Kay and Les Thorton from 5-8pm with Happy Hour prices from 5-7pm on the patio bar and high top tables. Also, Rick Sayre will host the Rodney Strong Wine Dinner on Monday, 11/25/13.
Event #2: Happy Hour @ Wine Cellar (Monday-Friday from 4:30pm-6:30pm): Wine Cellar will be featuring 50% off glasses of house wine and well brand cocktails with the following Happy Hour Bites at $6 each:
- House Made Potato Chips (served with crumbled bleu cheese)
- Grilled Caprese Salad Skewers (Buffalo Mozzarella, crape tomatoes, basil oil)
- Curried Chicken Satay (honey ginger sauce)
- Deep Fried Wonton Ravioli (these are filled with crabmeat, andouille sausage, white beans and served with Fra Diavolo Sauce)
- Bruschetta Two Ways (seared ahi tuna, ginger and wasabi cream, basil pesto, tomato salsa
- Mini Bacon Cheeseburger (goat cheese focaccia and house made potato chips)
Event #3: Weekly happenings @ Ocean 60: Ocean 60 is a restaurant some may not know about, but those who do know Ocean 60 seem to enjoy it. They are known for live music in their bar area as you can see by the following events:
- Daily Happy Hour from 5-7:30pm half price martinis and $5 house red and white wine
- Wednesdays is Ladies Night with half price martinis and $5 red or white house wine for the whole night.
- Thursday guests can enjoy an acoustic Latin guitar player.
- Friday features live music from Jacksonville-area musicians.
- Saturday: Live music and Happy Hour from 5-7pm with half price martinis and $5 house and white wine.
Event #4: Sorbet 'Ritas going away for Winter: Diners will need to try sorbet 'ritas soon because they will be gone for the winter. These drinks are sorbet infused and include the Mango-Tamarind Citrus Freeze, Superfruit Chiller, and Carmelized Pineapple.
For more from Jacksonville Fine Dining Examiner follow us on Twitter @JaxFineDining