The 2013 IZOD IndyCar Series schedule kicks off on Sunday, March 24th with the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg in Florida. Catch up on who’s driving for which team here!
- Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing – Charlie Kimball returns to Ganassi for a third season.
- Ed Carpenter Racing – the only owner/driver in the series returns with Fuzzy’s Vodka sponsorship.
- Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing – RLL will field two entries in 2013: one for the owner’s son, Graham Rahal and one for James Jakes.
- Bryan Herta Autosport with Curb-Agajanian – Canadian Alex Tagliani returns for a second season with the team.
- A.J. Foyt Racing – Takuma Sato moves from RLL to “Super Tex’s” team in 2013.
- Schmidt Hamilton and Schmidt Peterson Motorsports – the combined teams will compete with two rising stars in open-wheel racing: 2012 IndyCar Rookie of the Year Simon Pagenaud and former Star Mazda Series and Firestone Indy Lights Series champ Tristan Vautier.
- Team Penske – returning to the fold are Helio Castroneves and Will Power, who will be joined for at least two races by former Champ Car and current NASCAR driver A.J. Allmendinger.
- Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing – Josef Newgarden returns to the team in 2013.
- Andretti Autosport – the team will field four cars in 2013, driven by Marco Andretti, James Hinchcliffe, Ryan Hunter-Reay and E.J. Viso.
- Target Chip Ganassi Racing – Dario Franchitti and Scott Dixon return in 2013.
- Dragon Racing – Sebastian Bordais and Sebastian Saavedra form this two-car team in 2013.
- Panther Racing – JR Hildebrand and Oriol Servia team up in 2013.
- KV Racing Technology – Simona de Silvestro and Tony Kanaan return to the team in 2013.
Get ready for 2013 IndyCar racing at www.indycar.com.
Check out Paula’s Examiner columns on motorsports:
Follow Paula on:
- Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance and Examiner.com Motorsports
- Twitter - @paulat14
- Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
- Flickr – Paula Thompson Freelance
Contact Paula at email@example.com