Who doesn't love a tuna melt? When you jazz it up with Bumble Bee Gourmet Flavors Albacore Tuna with Sundried Tomatoes and Olive Oil, you take the tuna melt to a whole other level!
This recipe is from Chef Scott Leibfried, a celebrity chef featured on the Fox Television series "Hell's Kitchen" and "Kitchen Nightmares." Chef Leibfried suggests serving your Italian Tuna Melt with a nice chilled glass of Prosecco or some tropical flavored iced tea.
Serve a simple green salad alongside, or even a pasta salad with pesto.
Italian Tuna Melt with Provolone and Arugula
- 1 can (5 oz) Bumble Bee ® Prime Fillet Gourmet Flavors Albacore Tuna with Sundried Tomatoes and olive oil, lightly drained and flaked, oil reserved
- 1 (5"X5") ciabatta sandwich roll
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 2 thin slices red onion
- 1/2 cup packed arugula leaves
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Heat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Slice the ciabatta in half and place on the baking sheet.
- Brush the drained oil from the tuna on both sides of the bread.
- Evenly spread the mayonnaise on both sides of the bread.
- Place 2 cheese slices and 1 onion slice on each side of bread.
- Place the bread into the oven for 5-8 minutes, or until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Carefully place the tuna on the bottom half of the ciabatta.
- Dress the arugula with the vinegar, olive oil and salt if desired.
- Place the arugula on top of the tuna, and top with the other half of the ciabatta roll.
- Slice in half and serve.