Hot Italian sausages are ideal to make burgers because of their flavor and higher fat content than regular burger meat. Simply grill or fry them and serve with cold or warm roasted corn poblano. We added our own twist and topped of the burgers with sliced pepperoncini, Swiss cheese and sweet peppers.
Origin: our kitchen
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
· 4 hot Italian sausages (casing removed)
· 2 French burger buns
· 2 cups roasted poblano salad
· 2 slices Swiss cheese
· 1 pepperoncini (sliced)
· 1 sweet pepper (sliced)
· Dijon mustard
· Chili sauce
· Crushed red pepper flakes
· Make two burger patties from the sausage and refrigerate until ready to use. Do NOT add any seasoning to the meat.
· Fry up the patties in a hot pan with 1 tbsp olive oil or place on hot grill.
· Cook on medium heat turning once until patties are fully cooked and internal temperature reaches 165F.
· Melt the cheese on top while cooking.
· Coat one side of the bun with mayonnaise and the other with mustard.
· Top the patties with sliced pepperoncini and sweet pepper and sprinkle some crushed red pepper flakes on top.
Serve with roasted corn poblano salad, sliced tomato, sliced onion and chili sauce on the side.