Raise your glass next weekend at the 27th Annual Gruene Music & Wine Festival. For four days--October 10 through 13—guests will enjoy Texas music, wine and food in the Gruene Historic District--a quick hour’s drive from Austin--all to benefit the United Way of Comal County.
Even though the two evening shows at Gruene Hall-- The Mavericks on Thursday and Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell on Friday—are sold out, there’s still plenty of fun on the schedule:
That’s Right, It’s Not From Texas
Thursday, October 10, 5:30 - 7:30pm: Come to The Grapevine for the kick-off event featuring New World and German wines, live jazz music and, spectacular “Not From Texas” vacation package door prizes. Lucky guests may win one of these trips:
• Charleston, SC with $200 to Southwest Airlines, $50 to Charleston Crab House, $50 to 82 Queen, two passes to Magnolia Plantation and 4 tickets for Bulldog Tours
• Anaheim, CA with $200 to Southwest Airlines, four passes to Disneyland and a $50 Disney Gift Card
• Memphis, TN with $200 to Southwest Airlines, $50 to Rendezvous, $80 in Elvis Bucks (can be used for Graceland admission) four passes to the Pink Palace Museum and four passes to the Sharpe Planetarium
• Orlando, FL with $200 to Southwest Airlines, four passes to Sea World Orlando, $50 to the T-Rex Café, $50 to Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. and four passes to Orlando Putting Edge
• Kansas City, MO with $200 to Southwest Airlines, 4 passes to Schlitterbahn Kansas City, $50 to Gates BBQ and $50 to Cheeseburger in Paradise; and your choice of a Golf or Sports Package
Rockin’ With Texas Wine & Food
Friday, October 11th , 5:30 - 8:30pm: Gruene Hall hosts a private show and meet ‘n’ greet with Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell, catered dinner by Gristmill River Restaurant, and a wine tasting with three featured Texas wineries. Also featured are a silent auction and The Great Guitar Auction with autographed guitars by George Strait, Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell, The Mavericks, Los Lonely Boys, Willie Nelson, the Bacon Brothers, Dwight Yoakam, Merle Haggard, Ryan Bingham, Randy Rogers, Ray Price, Jerry Jeff Walker, Stoney LaRue and more.
Texas Tastings & Tunes
Saturday, October 12th from noon – 6:00pm: At The Grapevine grounds taste over 80 different Texas wines from over 25 different wineries, try the stellar cuisine from the DUK truck, Institute of Chili, Where’s That Truck and Winner Winner Chicken Dinner at Le Cordon Gruene haute food trucks. Shop the craft market while listening to live, original Texas music.
6:00pm: Gruene Hall – Charlie Robison OPEN Sound Check & Meet ‘n Greet
9:00pm: Gruene Hall – Charlie Robison
Texas-Style Music Fest
Sunday, October 13, 10:30am – Noon Participate in an old-fashioned Gospel Brunch with a Texas Twist, catered by the Gristmill River Restaurant at Gruene Hall.
1:00 – 6:00pm: The Grapevine Grounds – Brew-n-Que with the very best in beer and Texas BBQ from Rudy’s, The Smoke Shack, Big Daddy BBQ, The DUK Truck and Institute of Chili. Original Texas tunes showcased live throughout the day.
2:00 – 10:00pm: Gruene Hall – Eight full hours of the very best in Americana music on two stages. Lineup includes: Ray Wylie Hubbard (acoustic), Cody Canada (acoustic), Stoney La Rue (acoustic), Micky & the Motorcars, Band of Heathens, Sons of Fathers, The Trishas and more.
For complete listings of all vendors, including wines and beers--please visit www.gruenemusicandwinefest.org.
Information courtesy of Katie, Molak, Gruene Historic District marketing