Journaling is a wonderful tool for personal, emotional, and spiritual growth. By journaling you can begin to understand who you are and how you respond to the experiences in your life. When you begin to understand that then you can learn how to respond to life's experiences in a healthy way. Journaling can relieve stress, help with problem solving, improve self-esteem, and help heal emotional wounds.
The Artist Way course is an amazing tool for personal, spiritual, emotional growth. It can be followed along but the best way is to engage with a group while going through the course. One of the main tools used within the course is journaling daily.
How to start a journaling practice
- Start with a fresh new notebook or journal and pen.
- It's best to have a set time to write daily. Morning is a great time to write so that you can clear your mind for the day.
- Begin writing about what you are feeling and experiencing at the moment. Don't allow your inner critic to censor what you write.
- Begin by writing for 3 pages or set a time limit. Either one will work.
- If you can't think about what to write then write that! It's important that you fill the time you schedule or the pages you intend to write.
- Sometimes write using your inner guidance. Write a question at the top of the page, then ask the question out loud. Take a couple of deep breaths to center and calm yourself. Then write. Don't worry about punctuation or spelling. Write until you feel led to stop. Then close the journal and wait to read it until the next day.
If you want some journaling tools to connect with your inner child then check out. Bedtime Stories For The Inner Child-Reuniting with and nurturing your inner child.
Journaling is an easy and very beneficial tool for your growth. Give it a try.