Sygic launches new app for parents to keep track of their trick-or-treating kids
As the saying goes, Halloween can be an experience everyone should enjoy. Today, Sygic, announced a new way for parents to make sure their ghosts and goblins don’t go astray from the safe zone the parents established with the Sygic app. Family GPS Tracker by Sygic, a free application on the iOS App Store and Google Play, gives parents a peek at real time location by its intuitive GPS interface.
Already smart parents are using GPS navigation software with 33 million users in 115 countries via their smartphone. Family GPS Tracker set up alerts for you. For teens, it can set by this app a passage of independence or challenges set for younger children that they can walk to school alone. But it goes farther that these new features. Just in case doubt comes across your mind, the application allows for history tracking just to see where your child or teen has traveled.
The proliferation of smartphone ownership across all age groups means that parents now have a great new way to ensure their children’s safety”, Sygic CEO Michal Štencl said. “We were able to apply the knowledge and experience we've gained from making a first-class navigation app in order to build Family GPS Tracker, and our new version gives parents more control, with cool features like challenges that makes the app fun for kids as well.”
Features of Family GPS Tracker Include:
- Keep track of your kids’ locations through the easy-to-use app
- Establish safe and unsafe zones and get an alert when your kids enter or leave a certain zone
- See how much battery life your kids’ phones have left, so they can be reminded to charge their phone so you don’t lose track of them
- Set location-based challenges for kids (e.g. “Take the dog for a walk in the park.”)
- Let your kids use cool new avatars in the app after they've completed a challenge
- See the location history of all family members in the past 7 days (available for $2.99 a month)